what do you guys use for keyboard/mouse?

twelveparsex

[H]F Junkie
?? just wondering since i just built a HTPC and am currently using a wired keyboard and mouse.

the computer will be used to stream netflix, hulu, youtube, music over the network, and play blu-rays
currently running windows 7 64bit; i played around with trying to get my wiimote as a mouse and would really like to get that to work but it doesn't seem to be coopering right now.

it seems to be difficult to find something that's appropriate for the living room

Last edited:
I use my iPad with Mobile Mouse installed. Been pretty satisfied with it.

I use my htpc exclusively for XBMC and have it setup to auto start. Any config is done through ssh/vnc. For actual usage, I have a Rosewill remote. Works great. The power button on the remote works too. If I was using a more modern machine that has capabilities to start up via usb it would probably work to turn it on as well.

Literally JUST had a thread on this :)

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1601094

Not being a dick, just that lots of suggestions there as well!

I've personally used a variety of keyboards but currently happiest with my Logitech DiNovo Mini for the few times I actually need it (pretty rare). I use XBMC as well and can do virtually everything on the HTPC with just a remote.

I use WMC and everything is controlable with my harmony one remote. I have a wired keyboard in the closet, but I generally only need to get that out every couple of onths when I need to do an update or something. Something to note though, I have the wireless receiver to an old broken wireless keyboard/mouse combo plugged in, even though I don't use it. I found that the HTPC ocasionally had a brain fart if there was no keyboard or mouse plugged in.

I use my htpc exclusively for XBMC and have it setup to auto start. Any config is done through ssh/vnc. For actual usage, I have a Rosewill remote. Works great. The power button on the remote works too. If I was using a more modern machine that has capabilities to start up via usb it would probably work to turn it on as well.
Same here, but with windows and AVS Gear Remote. I also use a wireless logitech mouse and a very cheap wireless keyboard for when more input is needed.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back