What do you guys think of this Lian Li (PICS)

EPS Sniper

Gawd
I've been considering this case for a little while now and I really love it. For those of you who don't know, its a PC6070B.

case1.jpg

case2.jpg

I really am trying to get something new because everybody and their mothers has an antec/cheitec/cheming/thermaltake case. Don't get me wrong, I have never found a more build friendly case, but I am trying to get something a little different-plus Lian Li's look especially nice with a few mods.

What do you guys think?

I almost bought that case in silver. I like it but I decided I liked the pc-6077 better.

James

i think its a nice case i really like the duel exhaust in the back plus there are ao many great modds you can do to it

Does that case have the top blow hole? I would imagine a window would fit, the chassis's look like the same dimensions to me:confused:

That case looks awesome, but as with every Lian Li case out there.......those rear pre-cut "fan grills" need to be cut out to allow some real air flow.

Originally posted by EPS Sniper
Will a standard Lian-Li window side panel fit this case too?

They should. The panels are pc-60x which should mean that any of the 60 series should fit them.

i dont think it will work since that case appers deeper than a normal lian-li...

also it looks like it has horrible airflow... where are you going to intake air from?

Flecom: Assuming you meant you didn't think the side panels would fit. When all the pre-cut windowed side panels say for PC-6xxx shouldn't that indicate that all the pc-6xxx models take the same side panels?

Then again Lian-Li's site does say that it's 35mm deeper than the PC-60.

well it looks deeper than the lian-li's ive worked with

I just went on performance-pcs website and they apparently have side panels that fit this case...in fact, they say that any pc-6xxx panel should fit it. Here's a pic of it with a few modifications:

case3.jpg

Will a standard Lian-Li window side panel fit this case too?

Yes, it will but that would defeat the purpose of this case (being quiet). Stock, this case has a rubber-like material on the inside of the side panel to kill the noise somewhat. The dimensions are about the same except the door makes it a little longer.

i dont want to be irritating or somthing in that direction but.. if i look to this forum most of the people in it have lian-li's sow if you want to be "original" try finding something else (but if i where you i would go for that case!.. modded ofcourse. it looks verry verry ... nice :p)

I like the twin exhaust - I'm running the 6070 in silver at the moment (single exhaust) but as soon as someone in the UK actually stocks the b then I'm likely to buy it :D

Ive been running that case for 6 months now. I love it, its so quiet i forget its on, not like my last 2 antecs that sounded like Jet planes. The temperatures are maybe 8 degrees warmer, but im running a barton 3200 now vs a athlon 1700 in the last one as well, and a 10 k ide drive. I cant bear to cut it, so for the first time in 4 years I have a stock case!

It's a nice sleek case! I think it would definitely make a good starter for some heavy moddin'. :cool: As for the airflow, a blowhole passing through the front door would be awesome to begin with.

i think the replacement of the stock fans with some hi-flow ones and removing the dust filter in the front should help out the airflow a little bit.

i dunno though, its a really nice case, but for that price there are other nice ones too.

I am about to mod a case that looks alot like that, except it is the brushed aluminum style.

If I can sell my current antec case, I may pick this one up...depends on how much I sell it for.

I've been considering this case for a little while now and I really love it. For those of you who don't know, its a PC6070B.

I really am trying to get something new because everybody and their mothers has an antec/cheitec/cheming/thermaltake case. Don't get me wrong, I have never found a more build friendly case, but I am trying to get something a little different-plus Lian Li's look especially nice with a few mods.

What do you guys think?

I own it. Just got it 3 days ago. It's tight looking, very tight looking. I shut the door and it's just a big chunk of aluminum. No drives, no busyness, just two small LEDs.

It's the ultimate stealth PC. I haven't even assembled a full PC with it yet so I don't even know about how quiet it is.

I'm not going to mod it at all though. I think modding this particular case would be a horrible idea since (1) it's made to be silent and has foam all around the inside and (2) it's made to be stealth, having a front door which hides everything.

But to each their own.

-MrD

There is not supposed to be good airflow in that case. If you keep up on Lian-Li you should know that the 6077 is designed for silence...well relative silence in comparison to other Lian-Li. Hence the reason why they didn't bother as much on airflow.

if you want a door, check out the coolermaster, like the atc-710 for example, yes, it is based off the chieftech/antec case, but it does not look like them at all. It has an aluminum door over the top bays, and it has intake at the bottom where you can easly add dust filters.

here is a pic of mine (yes i know it needs to be cleaned...)
http://1stclasspcs.com/uploaded/sweet front.jpg

I've got the PC 6070 stock aluminium case and modded it 'a little'.

I wet sanded and polished the side panels, top panel and door front. Used some carbon look sticky over the front panel and swopped out the two plastic switched for vandal switches.

On the inside I cut a small oval hole along the edge of the mainboard tray for the IDE and power cable, made some molex extension cables and chrome sleeved them, fitted a ZM80C to my 9800 Pro and used 3 x 80mm Alu / Blue LED fans, 2 front, 1 back.

As much as I loved the Thermalright SLK900U, it didnt go with the Alu look I wanted so the Vantec Aeroflow with TMD fan took its place.

I've been promising people to do pics for a while but never got round to it. If theres enough interest I could do them later and post them up.

What do you guys think?

Well if you want something different, then for Gods sake don't get a lian li.. lol. Everyone [H] is either using one, or getting one.

Originally posted by IceWind
Not bad, but im so sick of fucking drive bay doors.....

Hmmm... Yes, I can definately think of more enjoyable sexual partners. :p

-Enril

As stated by a few people, this case is designed for silence and not airflow/cooling mastery. I have the silver version and I'm very happy with it. Maybe I can help elaborate on how it performs:

1) The air intake is on the bottom, thus the feet. Doing so enables the door and the front panel to be "hole-less" to eliminate noise in front.

2) Those unsure of the airflow should be happy to know that even with my half-assed wiring job (better than average, but definitely not the [H] definition of "clean wiring") My case temp hovers around 30 all the time with 3 SilenX 80mm case fans (2 front, 1 rear).

I'm very happy with the performance/noise ratio, even with my cpu oc'ed slightly (1.6 => 2). Stable and quiet, and I couldn't ask for more. I'd actually like to go even further and try to add some extra sound-dampening material inside. It comes with the two side panels outfitted with some of their own material, but it seems more like an afterthought than a high-quality solution.

Hopefully that helped, even though a lot of the questions I addressed have already been answered earlier! Just my 2 cents. Good choice from me, although I would've gone for the silver! :D

Back