What do you do with dual monitors?

HighwayAssassins

Supreme [H]ardness
I have 2x2005FPWs..and I love em. I usually keep firefox on the 'main' monitor, and winamp, utorrent, itunes etc on the secondary monitor.

How do you all utilize dual monitors? Are there any games that take advantage of 2 monitors, other than flight simulators?

Will vista be more supportive of dual monitors you think?

I used to have dual 17" crt's, which I used mainly for video editing. With premiere pro, i'd keep my timeline and bins on the left monitor, and my viewer windows on the right. It worked out quite well, but I've since upgraded to a single fpw2005 due to desk space issues.

I have a 2405 and a 19" samsung. I use the 2405 for coding/CAD work and the samsung for internet research, chat and music player.

A) When playing games and the like on my 2405, i keep all my temp monitors up on my Philips 170B4

B) When watching movies etc fullscreen, usually have my messengers and FF on the other.

C) Its a BIG help when youre doing research....when i browsing the web for clippings etc, i usually do it on my 17" cos the 2405 can show more clippings at once..

D) Keep on looking cool with dual display

That is all :p

Back in the days when I did web development, I would use one monitor for coding and the other for chat/internet/whatever. Nowadays though,I used my two CRTs for IM, Research, and the line. I am excited for my 2005FPW that should be in. I will be pairing it with a 17" Samsung LCD. I plan to do most movie watching and stuff on the 20" and whatever else on the 17.

As a current web developer, 2 screens are very benefical to me. It effectively increases productitivity by 50% in my case.

I use one screen for coding, Photoshop, and Flash, and use the other for Outlook, website testing, running databases (Access, SQL Server), and server access.

I don't have any good reason to have dual monitors, but it's always a conversation piece when people come over and see it in action. Most people don't even think that it's possible to hook up 2 monitors to 1 PC.

One plays World of Warcraft, the other watches a movie or TV show I downloaded.

I've become so used to a dual monitor setup at home (20" LCD primary, 19" LCD secondary) that when I go to other people's houses or go to work, I feel lost.

lol ^^^

i know what you mean....i so used to having duals (2405 and philips 170B4) then when im at work, the first hour is usually me trying to put a window on another display :p

What do you do with dual monitors?
Nothing; I use a tri-monitor setup. Used to have quads, but my desk started to bow under the weight of 4 21" CRTs :(

masher said:
Nothing; I use a tri-monitor setup. Used to have quads, but my desk started to bow under the weight of 4 21" CRTs :(

Masher's full of radiation!!! :D

I use my dualies to browse on both, chat client on one side, winamp on oneside, movie on one side gaming one one screen and still surf or chat on the other. 2 screens are just very convient for the multitasker!

I just have 5 PCs surrounding me. I use them for multi account gaming, and the same stuff as everyone else does. I usually only have 2 or 3 booted up for myself.

Those of you doing web dev, have you noticed that all instances of firefox on the same machine share session info? Meaning you cannot log into a web site with two different accounts simultaneously using firefox. Atleast you couldnt in firefox 1.0 or before. I found that to be extremely annoying when building web apps.

You know, you guys are really tempting to get another 2405 when my tax return comes back. That would mean a bigger table though....That is just excessive...kudos though...

I was running dual 19" CRTs all year and used them for everything. It was great for gaming with Ventrilo open on the other monitor to see who's talking and to monitor other things. Applications ? Unmatched.. the extra desktop space is so useful its hard to describe. Once you go dual, its hard to go back.

One of mine was borrowed and I had to give it back when I moved recently, and my main just crapped out. I'm on some loaner 19" Gateway junker that isnt cutting it. Soon I will obtain a 2405 and be forced to using my computer naked in its presence... it commands it to be done.

Back