• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What do you all think about this case?

jzodda

Gawd
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
657
Looking for a new case for a C2D system about to be built with some OC in mind on air for now and looking for a combo of good performance, silent operation as much as possible and good for the next few upgrades. One of those I found is a modded Lian Li G70B from Performance Pc

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...=20523&zenid=1542780bcf758dd281c1d0083d038465

Product Details:
*** This is a new Modified G-70 Case we call Goliath. We have designed this to include a massive, silent 250mm side panel intake fan as well as front and top blowhole Aerocool Streamliner 140mm fans and a rear Aerocool Extreme Turbine 120mm fan. Without doubt the Goliath is the best Air Cooled, yet Silent case we have designed yet! ***

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/images/products/G70_Goliath250_07.jpg

Its pretty much down to that one or the TJ09. They are close in price, and even the stock G70 is a nice case, (much cheaper stock) So if you were picking from the two which would you get? Has anybody bought a modded case from Performace PC and had a good experience?

Thanks
 
mighty expensive.....doubt id want to spend the cash for that


Well I have $300 to work with. I may just email them and ask to change it around a little and take the other fans mods but for the top get 3 fans plus the radiator grill so its ready for a big 120.3 radiator when I go to water.

Something like this

computer009.jpg


Now I don't know how much over $300 that would take it, or if it would stay around the same. Depending on price I may just go with that or get the TJ09 with window for $270 at the egg.
 
Sorta reminds me of a Stacker STC.

1 back 120mm fan.
That side mesh thing (now with a fan)

I kinda like it, but the price is just nuts for a case.
 
for $300, I'd rather pick up a 'cheaper' case, and have it modded. If you're going to WC it, most cases should be 'fine' for that....
 
jzodda, they are both great cases from what i hear. as soon as i can get some money i'll be upgrading to the G70 stock version. i'm choosing that over the TJ09 cause the g70 has mounts for 2 psu's, with the wattage requirements of video cards these days its cheaper to run 2 smaller psu's than 1 large one.

my current case is an aspire/apevia x navigator, that was $100 mistake and from now on i will b buying quality cases, silverstone or lian li. then i wont have to deal with stuff breaking (any part that contains the slightest bit of plastic on this case has snapped in some way or another). yea $200-300 is a lot to spend on a case but apparently its worth it
 
Bah you dont need $$$ for a quality case i spent $50 on my Centurion 5 and its been one the best cases ive ever used. But IF i was going to spent that much on a case id get the TJ07 or TJ09.
 
I am leaning toward the TJ09 on sale at the egg. My gaming rig does not get moved and spends it time in my basement which is already cool all the time. I really don't think I need the huge airflow of that modded G70 even if its CFM total is that much better than the TJ09 with 5 120s. In any event I can't say for sure if it is or not since I have never read a comparison between them. Would it be cool to have a 250mm fan? Sure. Do I need one bad enough that I am going to not get a TJ09? Nah, I think I will go with that one and save a few bucks in the end since there is a $50.00 difference between them shipped.

On a sidenote I was already ready to buy the TJ09 the other night when I saw this "Goliath" case and it stopped me because it looked and seemed "cool". I came this close to making an impluse buy. I still think its a great case but I will go with a TJ09 for this upgrade :)
 
Bah you dont need $$$ for a quality case i spent $50 on my Centurion 5 and its been one the best cases ive ever used. But IF i was going to spent that much on a case id get the TJ07 or TJ09.

I agree Thantos, there are good cases to go for, some even under $100 but I don't upgrade too often and I like big, heavy cases. From my online research the best fulltower cases are between $175-$300. In fact my main case currently is an Additronics 7896A modded by Jim Hanson back in the year 2000. So I don't do this (cases) very often and when I do it I like to get something that will last.

I may buy a U2-UFO in a year or so but for now I will enjoy the TJ09
 
Back
Top