• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What do I download from atitech.com?

Hostile

Gawd
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
694
I'm getting a new 6870 for Christmas and I'm prepping my system for a fresh install of Windows so I'm grabbing all the latest drivers.

This is my first ATI product in long time and I'm not sure what I want to download from the ATi site? On the downloads page there are a few options:

1) AMD Catalyst 10.12 Preview for Windows 7– Featuring the new Catalyst Control Center 110 MB 10.12 12/13/2010

2) Catalyst Software Suite (64 bit) English Only 72.6 MB 10.12 12/13/2010

3) AMD Catalyst™ Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) Technology Edition 88.9 MB 10.12 12/13/2010

And that's just the Catalyst options! Should I bother with the preview version (1) or just go with #2? Do I need #3?

Thanks!
 
it sure is confusing eh, I mailed STI 2 days ago about this, .. no idea what to grab.

Have a 6970 on teh way, and a existing 5670 in my HTPC, .. total fail on there part for making it easy and straight forward.
 
I would- its the latest with all the previous tweaks. It just includes the new tweaks for the 6900s. I always go for the very latest version (unless its the new WHQL version thats actually older code than a previous hotfix).
 
"AMD Catalyst driver support for systems running Windows® 7 / Windows Vista® with an AMD Radeon™ HD 69xx series graphics card installed"

That specifically states for 69XX cards, I should get that for my 6870?

No this is an older driver and the tweaks are for the 69XX series cards only. I would just get the normal 10.12's on the AMD site.
 
i am using the 10.11d Hotfix on my 6870 now(pretty sure its the "D") and no issues at all, waiting for more official drivers than beta ones, but thats just me
 
No this is an older driver and the tweaks are for the 69XX series cards only. I would just get the normal 10.12's on the AMD site.

This.

I'm using the hotfix (10.12a) with my 4870 in waiting for my 6950... and they're, uhh, glitchy to say the least.
 
My 6950 is being delivered today, and I'm also trying to figure out which driver is best at the moment for it.

I'm thinking of just using the preview driver with new CC, or do a trial by fire, and play musical chairs until I find one that is best suited for my particular card.
 
My 6950 is being delivered today, and I'm also trying to figure out which driver is best at the moment for it.

I'm thinking of just using the preview driver with new CC, or do a trial by fire, and play musical chairs until I find one that is best suited for my particular card.

I just got my 6950 and installed it. 12a hotfix drivers are the one for your card. The preview driver on the AMD website is just a preview of the new GUI for the CCC, it's not an actual driver. The Drivers on the webiste are 10.12.

You can use the preview CCC with the 12a hotfix drivers if you want.
 
i like the ati cards but the drivers are a joke. when you have to pray that they didnt break any basic functions with a new driver release its really sad. up until last year i used nvidia cards exclusively. i never ever had any issues with any of their driver releases, and i updated them all the time. with ati/amd i have to wait months to see if a driver set is worth upgrading and by then its too late. im still using 10.3b FFS cuz i dont wanna screw up my system with their crappy drivers. on top of that it seems you have to always setup your card to get proper picture quality and features, which should be set as default. imo they should dump more money into perfecting a product and the driver team before shovelling out more rebranded crap. the 69xx series should not have been released. perfect the driver set and then actually make improvements to the damn cards before you release a new series....
 
So I just got a 6950 and installed the 12a hotfix, noticed no new options in the CCC, now I just installed the new CCC and still not seeing anything new.

What the hell do I need to do to successfully get new 3D options? Do I need to use the regular 10.12 driver also?

This is bullshit.
 
So I just got a 6950 and installed the 12a hotfix, noticed no new options in the CCC, now I just installed the new CCC and still not seeing anything new.

What the hell do I need to do to successfully get new 3D options? Do I need to use the regular 10.12 driver also?

This is bullshit.

Bump.


Also, trying to force AA in StarCraft 2, not working... any ideas?
 
Sometimes I forget people still use CCC.

UnDKu.png
 
Yeah no my problem is that those new options aren't available.
Also that when I try to force AA in SC2 it doesn't work.

Plus, what would I use other than CCC??
 
Didn't want to mess around with the inf file but I followed the link in that thread and did the regedits. Some of it was already there, some not, but now the options are showing up in the CCC.

Let's see if they actually WORK though. :-/

Thanks for the link.


Update: AA works in SC2 now. Success? Definitely makes the game look more awesome.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top