What do I do now?

hungryduck

[H]ard|Gawd
So I just bought a mac - my first one since the desktop performa I had when I was a kid. (Got a shiny new black macbook! :)) Anyway, what do I do now? Are there some killer apps, games, or programs I should get right away or play around with (besides iLife...)......are there cool OSX tricks/tips I should know about?
I'm just really excited about having a new computer with so much stuff I've never used or seen before (unlike a new windows machine.....same old software/interface/games etc.).
Any ideas?
Are there any games even playable on this thing?

if you install bootcamp and windows some are playbale, but those that have been ported to mac by now are really slow since they aren't universal (except Civ IV) and have thewy have to run via rosetta. Well what do want to do with the macbook? So i can look some apps up

I'm going to start audio recording straight away......I guess garageband will have to do (I used SONAR on PC for the past few years)......any tips on audio software for the mac?

hungryduck said:
I'm going to start audio recording straight away......I guess garageband will have to do (I used SONAR on PC for the past few years)......any tips on audio software for the mac?

to get into it garageband is pretty good, if you wanna step it up later on you can try Logic Pro. It is the Apple Pro utility for audio

If you are doing a lot of Wav stuff I don't know what to recommend, for midi and notation Sibelius has a mac version though.

Back