• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What display setup should I go with?

FBGKimpan

n00b
Joined
May 15, 2013
Messages
20
Looking to fix 3 screens. Right now I'm on 1x 27 "LG ISP (1920x1080p).
So I'm wondering if I should buy;
1) 1440p and run | 27 "1080p | 27" 1440p | 27 "1080p - Games I cannot run on eyefinity ill just use the 1440p
2) 120-144hz and run | 27 "1080p | 27" 120-144hz | 27 "1080p - Games I cannot run on eyefinity ill just use the 120-144hz
3) Just run at 3x 1080p screens and spend the money Ill save on buying another 7970 or something.

Games I'm playing: LoL, WoW .. some BF3 and will play BF 4.

What do you think?
 
Option 3 - 1 and 2 will be ugly due to the PPI difference when using Eyefinity.
 
1 will not work well, i fit all. In the past, if the height or bezel widths of the monitors didn't match then it wouldn't let you create an eyefinity profile. That might have changed though.

2 may work, but what's the point? If you plan on playing in Eyefinity most of the time, then the 120hz will just be doing 60hz like the other monitors.

3 Would be the best bet if you want to play in Eyefinity.

I had an Eyefinity setup for 3-4 years with three 22" 1680x1050 screens. I just recently bought a Viewsonic VP2770 (2560x1440) which I use in the middle with two of the 22" screens on both sides. I found myself not using Eyefinity as much any more, and it was time for a new monitor. The 2560x1440 is pretty nice and the monitor is beautiful, but I do still want two more VP2770's for the ability to play in Eyefinity, and for matching monitors. Three monitors either way is great for multitasking. So, just take what you want from that.
 
Back
Top