What Did You Get For Christmas?

I got some gift cards, cash, etc from the family. I gave myself an early Christmas present a few weeks back. I bought;

Yamaha 5.1 Receiver (RX-V367) that was open item at best buy(missing remote) for $150
2x Polk Monitor 50 Floor Speakers(cheap deal on newegg)
2x Polk Monitor 30 Bookshelf speakers
1x Polk CS1 Center speaker
1x Polk PSW10 10" Subwoofer

AMD Athlon II x 2 255 Processor(combined with a bunch of spare parts to make a budget htpc.
Acer H5360 Projector and made a diy screen for it which is sweet.

Oh yeah, I haven't bought my girlfriend anything yet. I'd better get back to shopping!

New mobile (Nokia C3-00), 16gb usb thumb drive, HD camcorder, aftershave, socks, pants, a jumper, a bottle of advocat, 45 bottles of beer and BC2:Vietnam :)

This:
http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/g442/dadi4168/?action=view&current=bioshock.jpg

dadi4168

Can't decide to open them or leave them as they are....

No edit button?

Girlfriend got me the card reader I forgot when I built my rig & a pair of bad ass headphones.

Dad got me a bambi shootin' Savage Edge .243 & an angle grinder

Life is good.

I got nothing... But anyone that would have knows if I really want something I just get it myself everything else is meaningless to me. They know Id rather them have a good time and take care of there kids and such before trying to think of something for me. My sister told me "everytime I try to think of something to get you you already get or got it so I never know what to buy"

If you count stuff you buy for yourself I got a new computer $200 in old school underground music WoW Cata xpac CoD black ops and 1lb for my cigarillos. Of course good job + no kids helps but yes is sometimes sad... sad sad sad.

Green Bay Packer stuff for the beach (folding chair and Tailgate toss)
Garmin GPS to replace my failing Magellan
Dilbert book which contains EVERY comic through last year
Sharepoint 2010 and Exchange 2010 books
A Shop Vac (will get use when the wife and I buy our first house in the next 6 months)
$75 to GameStop
Bottles of Johnnie Walker Black and Singleton :D

I can't say...they rhyme with brohiba and the come from a place that sounds like tuba.

:D

Nice to see a fellow cigar aficionado around here!

Awesome,

I wanted cigars but did not get any, mainly because I am running a Cigar Boxpass on another forum and I know I am going to wind up with a crapload at the end of it, so that is not a bad thing, we should start one up here one time.

Other than that lets see, aparently from this list people want me to get drunk off my ass:

Various cash money
Gift card for Specs
Jagermeister 750ML w/4 shot glasses
Crown Royal w/2 rocks glasses
Crown Royal Reserve 750ML w/2 rocks glasses
Crown Royal XR 750ML
4 Roses Single Barrel w/2 rocks glasses
A set of 4 nice crystal drinking glasses
Clothes
My CHL license came in the mail just a few days before Christmas so I theres that

So I have a good set of glassware now for booze it seems, also I DON'T LIKE CROWN THIS MUCH I SWEAR!, however that XR will be nice I must say.

Nada! Zip! Nothing. Too many pay cuts and no money left for frivolous junk. Our CEOs made out quite nice though. I can feel good that they gave their families nice gifts and had a good time. :rolleyes:

We'll everyone in my family made out quiet well and I don't guess I did too bad myself. I got ......

sweats for lounging around the house
$40 Cash
$25 Bestbuy (worst buy) gc
$15 Wendy's gc
$10 Chili's gc
2 New pairs of Nike tennis shoes
New tool box
Nice new set of craftsman screwdrivers
One of those cool Kobalt multidrive wrenches
Wow Cataclysm CE xpac
Plantronics Gamecom headphones (may go back, sound quality is meh)
Steel Series Xai pro series laser gaming mouse (awesome mouse)
Tomb Raider Bluray
Ronin Bluray
I-Robot Bluray
Cool Mickey T-shirt from my friends kids
Gran Turismo 5 PS3
Dragon Age Ultimate PS3
Lost Planet 2 PS3
Some things from Adameve.com for the fiance and I :D
Some candy and some good eats.

Now that I typed it out, I actually made out like a bandit!!

Nada! Zip! Nothing. Too many pay cuts and no money left for frivolous junk. Our CEOs made out quite nice though. I can feel good that they gave their families nice gifts and had a good time. :rolleyes:

wait 'till you start doing that with food, $£$£$ will be the least of your worries :(.

Well my Christmas Wish list was some [ Hard] Corsair Vengence Ram, Video Cards and or 3D Mark! Other than that it hasnt been very good financially around my house in 3yrs of Christmas,s so the only thing I got for Christmas was older on my Birthday which was the 24th. The Big 55 years old. My new grandson had his 2nd Christmas and he had a great time and he loves his PA! PA! so that was worth a lot to me! Hope everyone here in the forums had a great Christmas and equally will have a Happy New Year!:)

I apparently made out with a lot of stuff this year, so I'll go down the list of what I got and from whom.

Father-In-Law:
Insignia GPS for my vehicle (he gave my wife a $600 Wacom tablet for her college studies)

Wife:
Steelseries Xai Mouse (been using her Logitech mouse since my Lachesis broke in November)
Arma II: Combined Ops
Bioshock 2 for PC

Stepkids:
Industrial Tribute to Metallica (some random CD they found at Hastings I think)

Mom:
$100 to split between the wife and I (so $50 bucks)

Self:
Battlefield 2 Complete Collection
Torchlight
Indie Beat Pack (all from Steam holiday sale, not too bad for $15)

Had a pretty shitty Christmas, but not because of the gifts. I did get the one thing that I asked for, a Rockwell Sonicrafter Tool. Also a Dilbert day calendar, Steelers money clip, Steelers keychain/fingernail clippers, $25 BB gc, Steelers blanket, Harley Blanket, Chia garden, and USB drink warmer/cooler.

The reason I say shitty is because my direct family decided to get together on Sunday, instead of on Christmas. So the wife made reservations at a restaurant. This meal ended up costing me $155. I was not too happy. Afterward, we went ice skating. I haven't done this in 20 years. Bad idea, I couldn't skate, feet and shins were killing me, and of course I fell. All in less than 10 minutes. The night got better when we ended up over a friends house, where I wanted to go for dinner in the first place. Drank too much, only 6-8 beers, and ended up being sick all throughout the night. Usually that wouldn't even bother me, but I think it had something to do with that expensive dinner.

Next day we get together with my family, except my wife and kid both have to work. My one sister decided to play a game. I didn't know this is how she decided to pass out her gifts this year (lottery tickets). Usually I get $10 in tickets from her every year. I hate these tickets, because they are always losers. I ended up only getting $3 in tickets. That was my gift this year from her family. We usually try to keep the gift exchange to $20 per person. I didn't realize that I would have to compete in trivia to earn my gift. I even "joked" and asked if she had any computer questions, since I didn't know about the topics. My other sister only got 3 also, and the third sister and her family had over $20. Oh, btw the sister doing the trivia is well off, making $80k+ per year at her job, not including her husbands hardware store.

Good to hear from those who made it out well and sorry for those not as fortunate. Perhaps the New Year will bring peace to us all :)

More of a giver for Christmas.. blessed by God to have everything I want..atleast for now. Just got some more speaker stuff from the wife since I seem to be addicted to car audio :) and a pair of tickets for the Chiefs V Raiders game at Arrowhead.

Had the worst christmas of my life. My 5 year old dog had a slight limp the evening of christmas eve, which we thought nothing off. Christmas morning he was limping pretty bad and we were concerned, but we thought we would just give him some dog asprin and if he didn't feel better in the morning we would take him to the vet. I put him on the couch where he laid for hours and at dinner time we saw him pull himself off the couch and drag his completely paralyzed rear legs with him to the dinner table to beg for food. We took him to the emergency vet hospital and without running any real tests the vet told us that he has a blood clot in his spine or more rarely a ruptured disc in his back. Told us the only way to know for sure was to take him to a vet hospital an hour away where they could do a MRI which would cost anywhere from 4,000 to 7,000 and they would want half up front. If it was verified to be a clot it would be too late and he would be paralyzed for life and if it was a disc he would need very expensive surgery. She basically pushed us to putting our dog down, but I made them hold off a while so that it was past midnight before it happened. The worst part was arriving home to see all the "presents" my wife had wrapped for him, unopened, under the tree.

So that new video card and crap I got doesn't seem to mean very much to me right now.

I feel so sorry,I lost my 15 1/2 year old dalmatian this past July(had to put her down too),I know what you are going through,it's rough.

Coca-cola invented santa and now it's consumerisms wet dream. Giving and receiving presents has NOTHING to do with christmas.

Coca-cola invented santa and now it's consumerisms wet dream. Giving and receiving presents has NOTHING to do with christmas.

Christmas is ONLY about gifts. What is it about if it isn't? It is my other birthday, but during this one I have to buy people stuff too, DOH!

Yeah! Its about sitting in dead stop traffic for hours just to go hang out with a bunch of people who don't get along and don't want to be there because by random events of the universe they are "family" because the oldest of the clan will thrash you with an epic guilt trip if you don't show up. And if you change your phone number they still get it from someone else and call you anyway.

:)

Had the worst christmas of my life. My 5 year old dog had a slight limp the evening of christmas eve, which we thought nothing off. Christmas morning he was limping pretty bad and we were concerned, but we thought we would just give him some dog asprin and if he didn't feel better in the morning we would take him to the vet. I put him on the couch where he laid for hours and at dinner time we saw him pull himself off the couch and drag his completely paralyzed rear legs with him to the dinner table to beg for food. We took him to the emergency vet hospital and without running any real tests the vet told us that he has a blood clot in his spine or more rarely a ruptured disc in his back. Told us the only way to know for sure was to take him to a vet hospital an hour away where they could do a MRI which would cost anywhere from 4,000 to 7,000 and they would want half up front. If it was verified to be a clot it would be too late and he would be paralyzed for life and if it was a disc he would need very expensive surgery. She basically pushed us to putting our dog down, but I made them hold off a while so that it was past midnight before it happened. The worst part was arriving home to see all the "presents" my wife had wrapped for him, unopened, under the tree.

So that new video card and crap I got doesn't seem to mean very much to me right now.
Sorry for your loss. My dog passed away this year, it's the hardest thing I've ever had to do so I couldn't imagine going through that on Christmas. I'd give up Christmases for life if I could spend one more day with her.

One very nice Herman Miller Executive Aeron chair:

hero_aeron_work_1.jpg

A new universal-HDD dock, and some other various bits o' stuff, but the chair just rocks (Thank you, Wife-Of-LoneWolf! :D)

The tradition of gift giving, to the poor and needy children, actually came from St Nicholas who was in Asia Minor at the time (modern day Turkey).

Wikipedia said:
The tradition of Saint Nicholas Day, usually on 6 December, is a festival for children in many countries in Europe related to surviving legends of the saint, and particularly his reputation as a bringer of gifts.

Im sorry to hear that its a painfull thing I know.My kids grew up with a Rottweiler we got as a pup his name was Kujo and a simular thing happened to it.All in one day I went out to feed him and he couldnt get upoff of the ground.We took him to the vet and they said he had a stroke or some kind of bone cancer and I had to make the decision to put him down, it was really hard to do but the docter said he was in so much pain and it would get worse it was the humane thing to do.Then I had to come home and tell my kids and that was just as painfull.I dont think I,ve ever loved a dog as much as that one.I remember my wife lying on the floor in the vets office next to him crying before we done it juat not what you want to experiance.So I feel for you and your family man!

Got a 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer after xmas as a gift to myself since I didn't get anything. :p

Fiance chipped in on my craigslist find (apple XRackPro2 12u cabinet $400)
Her family combined forces and got me the Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch (the large size)
A freind got me some norco RL-26 rails to go with my cabinet
Another friend got me a gIft card to newegg.

Haven't tried the bamboo fun yet but I am very excited about that. Overall very happy. I spent so much on other people I am a bit strapped now!

Back