What did I screw up?

Chix4mat

Gawd
Alright, was doing some overclocking today, because I got some new ram. During a reboot, I decided to install a RAID card. After a lot of headaches, I said eff it, and put things back the way they were.

Anyways, I somehow messed up Windows, (I know it was me, I was playing in boot.ini), so I went to repair the install.

Now though, when my system boots up, my keyboard doesn't work, so I can't even get into the BIOS. I cleared my CMOS, *in case* that was the problem. I moved the pins back, boot up the system, and it STILL says "CMOS Cleared" or something similar. The pins are back in the right spot, so I have no idea why it's still doing it.

It says push F1 to continue, but of course I get no response from that at all :|

Here are two related pics:
CMOS Pin
CMOS Error

Aight, time to get some asprin :/ Thanks for any help.

so no keyboard response? unplug everything, that includes the raid, and try again. If there is still no keyboard response you are in trouble, so a little praying would come in handy. I remember something like that happening to me, the problem was that the I handled the mobo totally careless and somehow it got a electrostatic discharge, there was no keyboard and no mouse response either, but windows booted normally.

Yeah, I don't think it was an electro discharge. I didn't feel anything, and I am not that careless.

It's a cordless Keyboard/Mouse combo, so that also could be the reason, but, it worked a few minutes prior to what I was doing, and I didn't touch the computer in the meantime.

Still trying to fix it either way.

dude like I said, make a clean boot up, no cards just the video one, default bios (clear cmos), everything unplug, except the keyboard and try to use one with a CORD, try it out with a boot disk, just to check for keyboard input, if it doesnt work... it´s your mobo, so check the RMA date. good luck

First off try moving the keyboard, sounds really stupid, but mine for some reason has developed a deadspot where it wont work.

Have you got a usb keyboard? My bet is the option to support usb keyboards isnt enabled in the bios by default, so you need to go in and turn it on, for which you need a ps/2 keyboard, although a usb->ps2 adaptor shuold do if you havent got an old keyboard about (and if you havent why the hell not? everyone should have at least 6 keyboards in their attic)

leSLIe, the only card I have installed IS the video. I uninstalled the RAID hours ago.

Herulach, yeah, that's not the problem. I've tried 3 different keyboards, and none work. I've only tried USB ones though, hunting around the house for a PS/2 one. Or maybe a USB/PS/2 adapter may do the trick.

I'll keep trying. Unhook everything except the essentials to see if this thing will work =/

hey i have 9 old busted ps2 keyboards and 2 usb, also busted... cheap crap i bought, well except my 6800 ultra SLI setup!!

DUD3 your T0asT !!! RMA is the way to go...

Back