What did I miss?

mwarps

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 6, 2002
Messages
7,072
I'm baaaaaack. What's good? What's be overall "project of the day?" Main welcome thread is ... 12 years old, so I'm ... just a lil curious 🙃
 
I'm baaaaaack. What's good? What's be overall "project of the day?" Main welcome thread is ... 12 years old, so I'm ... just a lil curious 🙃
Lots of projects have ended or wrapped up. Not a lot of new ones popping up due to it being cheaper and easier for most projects to self host or use cloud infrastructures. We wrapped up the BOINC Pentathlon a few weeks back. Unless something big comes up, the next big challenge isn't until January.
 
Lots of projects have ended or wrapped up. Not a lot of new ones popping up due to it being cheaper and easier for most projects to self host or use cloud infrastructures. We wrapped up the BOINC Pentathlon a few weeks back. Unless something big comes up, the next big challenge isn't until January.
Oh man. I installed F@H the other day, is that not actually a thing anymore? Or did I just install some ruzzian spyware?!
 
F@H is very much still a thing, and welcome back.
 
Oh man. I installed F@H the other day, is that not actually a thing anymore? Or did I just install some ruzzian spyware?!
Very much still a thing. We just don't have any competitions going right now. We usually have one end of January each year. We have added a few more teams each year to it as well. So, unless someone just gets an itch and mentions their efforts/return/etc... it doesn't get a lot of talk as there really isn't a lot of change. The biggest lately was probably the release and ongoing development of the v8 client and how it has changed quite a bit.
 
I'm baaaaaack. What's good? What's be overall "project of the day?" Main welcome thread is ... 12 years old, so I'm ... just a lil curious 🙃

hey fellow old person
 
hey fellow old person
Ten days away from my 25th anniversary on [H]F. Insane. been doing DC just as long..

What was it back then? RC5-64? something with cows? I just checked and the webpage I don't think has changed *at all* in 25 years.

What a trip.
 
Back
Top