what could possibly went wrong??

mythek

Weaksauce
this is really frustrating and i cant figure out why the temp is so HIGH!! >:[

anyway i just bought a Rosewill RCX-Z1 from newegg to replace the old heatsink/fan for my dad's computer which runs on an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Newcastle. I installed this heatsink+fan along with ARCTIC SILVER 5. i'm almost certain that ive mount the heatsink correctly and apply the right amount of arctic silver...but i still dono why the temp is so high. it's at 70 C and my mobo's speaker is annoying with its beep alerting me of the high temp.

ive followed this official instruction from the AS5 website: http://www.arcticsilver.com/pdf/appinstruct/as5/ins_as5_singlecore_wcap.pdf

anyone has any idea what could have went wrong??

thanks in advance.

EDIT: btw, ive cleaned the hs base and the cpu heatspreader really well before i applied AS5.

Reset the cmos using the jumper and see what happens. Dont forget to reset the boot order afterward.

Pull it back off and take a look at the squish pattern of the paste. Use a razer blade as a strait edge to see if its flat. Try installing it again. Also is the arm clamping all the way over? This heatsink only looks a hair better then the stock cooler. All else fails put the old one back on and use the fan from the new one if it moves more air it should cool a little better.

ok thanks for all the responses... i finally figured out that was wrong. it was my mobo bios...i updated it to the latest version..and my cpu drops to 30 :) ehehe

case's closed :)

ok thanks for all the responses... i finally figured out that was wrong. it was my mobo bios...i updated it to the latest version..and my cpu drops to 30 :) ehehe

case's closed :)

Shouldnt you have noticed the temps with the last cooler? :p

Back