What could cause my computer to reboot after being shut down?

Chowder Head

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, I've had a little problem develop after I updated my BIOS. (should of just left it alone)

Somtimes, not everytime, the computer will reboot after I shut it down. Sometimes immediately, sometimes a minute or two after it's been off. This has not happened before and only started when I updated the BIOS. It said it went through ok, but I don't think I believe that. None of my parts are overclock because I updated my BIOS before I went to start overclocking so I would have up to date parts.

And yes, I looked in the power management section of the bios and disabled everything.

I really have no idea what to do so any help is appreciated. If I can't find my answer from anything, looks like I'll call MSI, maybe they can send me the old bios I was using as a last resort.

So again, any help is appreciated, thanks guys. :)

Do you mean that when you hit shut down in windows it reboots instead of shutting down? If so maybe its crashing and windows has auto reboot selected.

Look in the BIOS for "Wakeup Event Setup". There are settings for several events that can turn the system on.

Back