What cooler for i860

Forealz

Limp Gawd
I decided to take the plunge, and need an i860 cooler that performs well, is quiet, and is around $50, ideally. I'd like to take the chip to about 4ghz. What do you guys recommend? That is all!

How expensive would a decent water cooling set cost? And would it be safe to lug the system around to lans?

I got this beast on the way for my i5-750. I hope it fits and doesnt interfere with my ram slots :eek:

Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B.

yeah I'm hearing that the megahalems are about the best for air cooling, but I heard about the corsair h50, a simple watercooling solution, and I'm very intrigued and researching :)

yeah I'm hearing that the megahalems are about the best for air cooling, but I heard about the corsair h50, a simple watercooling solution, and I'm very intrigued and researching :)

I went with an H50. If you have a Best Buy near you they have em for $60 right now. Otherwise the Corage TRUE is cheap and got a good review from [H]

I'm actually torn between CoGage TRUE SPIRIT and Rosewill Fort 120. I could get either one for $40 shipped, but I might fork out extra $10 for a better bolt-thru kit for CoGage.

Decision decision....

Prolimatech Megahalems - Performs great and is really mean looking :p

Ditto

Just got mine up and running with 2 Scythe Fans pushing 110cfm each :D

Just started messing with the overclock
3.9 ghz @ 1.38v

idle 36c 31c 34c 30c

prime large ffts full load
52c 49c 49c 47c

happy so far...just need my damn 5850 now :rolleyes:

How expensive would a decent water cooling set cost? And would it be safe to lug the system around to lans?

You are looking in the $200s for a decent set up. A nicely built WC is safer than having to lug a computer with a huge heatsink. Remember your car is full of hydraulic systems and liquid systems i don't see them go bad or leak :cool:

Back