• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What cooler for i860

Forealz

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 7, 2007
Messages
253
I decided to take the plunge, and need an i860 cooler that performs well, is quiet, and is around $50, ideally. I'd like to take the chip to about 4ghz. What do you guys recommend? That is all!
 
How expensive would a decent water cooling set cost? And would it be safe to lug the system around to lans?
 
I got this beast on the way for my i5-750. I hope it fits and doesnt interfere with my ram slots :eek:

Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B.
 
yeah I'm hearing that the megahalems are about the best for air cooling, but I heard about the corsair h50, a simple watercooling solution, and I'm very intrigued and researching :)
 
yeah I'm hearing that the megahalems are about the best for air cooling, but I heard about the corsair h50, a simple watercooling solution, and I'm very intrigued and researching :)

I went with an H50. If you have a Best Buy near you they have em for $60 right now. Otherwise the Corage TRUE is cheap and got a good review from [H]
 
I'm actually torn between CoGage TRUE SPIRIT and Rosewill Fort 120. I could get either one for $40 shipped, but I might fork out extra $10 for a better bolt-thru kit for CoGage.

Decision decision....
 
Prolimatech Megahalems - Performs great and is really mean looking :p

Ditto

Just got mine up and running with 2 Scythe Fans pushing 110cfm each :D

Just started messing with the overclock
3.9 ghz @ 1.38v

idle 36c 31c 34c 30c

prime large ffts full load
52c 49c 49c 47c

happy so far...just need my damn 5850 now :rolleyes:
 
How expensive would a decent water cooling set cost? And would it be safe to lug the system around to lans?

You are looking in the $200s for a decent set up. A nicely built WC is safer than having to lug a computer with a huge heatsink. Remember your car is full of hydraulic systems and liquid systems i don't see them go bad or leak :cool:
 
Back
Top