What Computer Case Do you like the best??

burningrave101 said:
And just exactly what other design could they of come up with for the front panel on a case callaed "Tsunami"? It only makes sense for it to be a "wave" style. The top I/O panel is nothing special.

I think waddles put this nicely over in the other thread when you mentioned this.

waddles said:
That's the second time this has been said, and it grates on me. You don't design cases by picking a name and then designing a case based on your visualization of the name.

TT took the Wavemaster's front bezel, added some gay LEDs, and put their ugly logo on it. They aren't fooling anyone, they ripped the case's looks off from CM. Shit, Tsunami is basically a synonym of Wavemaster.

TT takes decent case designs, bastardizes them and rices them out, and becomes one of the top sellers in the market. It makes me sick.

Thread

I'm done with arguing. If you like the Tsunami, then I'm happy. If you're happy then I'm happy. I hope you find the right case Tman. Cheers everyone.

O Ya i forgot to tell you guys what i like best lol :D

I really like #5 & #6

#1)
#2)
#3) <-Runner up but all the holes means very dusty computer
#4)
#5)
#6) X - Ioved the cases before they were sold to Coolermaster
#7)
#8)

Mr. Miyagi said:
I think waddles put this nicely over in the other thread when you mentioned this.

Thread

I'm done with arguing. If you like the Tsunami, then I'm happy. If you're happy then I'm happy. I hope you find the right case Tman. Cheers everyone.

Who really gives a damn if Thermaltake made a case that looks alot like another case out there anyways? Only those that dislike Thermaltake would bother to mention something as meaningless as this because its a pointless reason not to buy a case. Cooler Master and Thermaltake nither one give a damn about any of you and they only care about selling their product. Showing loyalty to one will get you nothing.

You buy a case because it looks nice and has nice features and IMO i've seen and worked with both cases and the Tsunami looks nicer with its black finish and it has nicer features to work with.

I for one am glad there is more then one style of case with the cool "wave" front because i didn't like the inside of the Wavemaster and the fact it used 80mm fans.

burningrave101 said:
And why's that? The Tsunami has gotten nothing but perfect scores in reviews, it has 79 votes with a perfect score on Newegg and its reasonably priced comared to the $200+ Lian-Li and SilverStone cases. Its cooling efficiency also matches that of any of the other top quality cases listed. Anandtech reviewed the Tsunami and it had the best cooling out of all the cases they tested. The black mirror finish also spanks any of the other paint jobs on the cases listed.

The Thermaltake Tsunami is a very popular case right now.

The Tsunami is VERY thin aluminum. It's hardly got a quality feel to it. That and the drive mouting points are too close to the motherboard tray. Meaning clearance with hard drives and a 6800GT can be a mess to deal with. You can do better for the money.

My favorites of those you mentioned.

Computer Cases
#1) 6
#2) 2
#3) 4
#4) 3
#5) 5
#6) 7
#7) 8
#8) 1

Now to go back to playing HL2 and Halo.

Computer Case
#1) Good performer, but it just looks so 'uber-cheese'...some like it, others dont (like most thermaltake designs).
#2) Many like this case, and I did too when CoolerMaster made it, but just like how I love it when MercedesBenz makes a slick new car, and then another like Lexus copies it and I hate it for it, I feel that even though the same people designed both the old CM-110/111, and this, they had the opportunity to make it better and didnt...so I dont like it. You cant use fanbus controllers because the door has no clearance behind it. The case still uses 80mm fans...and most others are using 120mm. Silverstone is a great company with alot of potential...too bad they havent shown it yet...then again, CoolerMaster hasnt had any great designs either since the WaveMaster from a year or two ago (that has spawned so many other wannabees like case #1 here). The TJ series from Silverstone is a much better choice.
#3) My #1 choice in this group is the PC-V line from Lian-Li, but not this one. The 1200 or the 2000 are better because the 1000 is too cramped. Because of the 120mm fans, passive venting, and inverted design with compartments this case is quiet, sexy, and cool.
#4) #2, but once again, get the new edition of it...the PC-7077. It sports a full front configurable front bay system like the CMstacker, 120mm fan, and a sound classic design.
#5) Same case as #3 really, just with a door. Your choice...
#6) Much of what I said about #2 applies to this one as well...in fact...all of it but the door clearance problem. It is the old CoolerMaster ATC-201.
#7) The reason #1 exists. Great looks, but its still using 80mm fans. Why bother?
#8) Looks horrible to me, inside and out. Im sure its a great performer, but ugh. The main features of this case...120mm fans, full front configurable bay system, and Aluminum construction...are also properties of the Lian Li PC-7077 I mentioned above...and the 7077 looks soooo much sexier.

You should consider the chenbro gaming bomb II and the Lian-Li PC-7077 besides the cases listed above.

Back