What cloud storage?

Ed4252

n00b
What cloud storage service is the best for this?

I have a bunch of movie files that I want to upload to cloud storage? Now, instead of playing it on my computer, I want the ability to stream the content directly once it's uploaded to the cloud storage.

OneDrive ?

15gb free then use your mobile phone app and pretend to backup camera roll and stop it go get 30gb total storage

I think most "cloud storage" are going to use a backup model, where as you can only download the file....not stream it.

If you want to be able to stream, you could look at a web hosting service. Then you would just upload to a folder and click on files like they were anything else. According to my 1and1 contract, I get 150GB of space. I haven't tried videos, but I have streamed songs from my web folders.

If you go with something like Crashplan, you get unlimited space, but it is not set up to stream.

Also think about the upload time to get those movies to the cloud. I had thought about using crashplan to backup my terabytes of movies, but it would have taken 4-5 months of uploading because my upload speed is so pathetics compared to my download.

Back