What case should I get?

Funkmaster_A

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 22, 2007
Messages
84
Hello, I currently have a cooler master cosmos, and I completely loathe this thing. It's basically an easy bake oven for my CPU and video card. Come to think of it, my chipset is getting a rough deal too. I probably should have read between the lines; every online review that likes this thing either watercools, uses mid-grade components, doesn't overclock, or doesn't measure temps.

Anyway...
- I don't care about sharp edges. At work, I used to put together computers is cases that were made by the lowest bider. I'm not even sure if it was a chassis company, rather than just a sheet metal company. If cases like there sere released to the public, they would be sued.

- I don't care about ease of cabling. Nothing a couple dozen zip ties can't solve (learned that lesson by wiring a few servers with 13 SCSI drives).

- I only care about airflow. I only aircool.

- I don't think that I care about noise.

So far, I'm leaning towards the Antec 900 (but I'm biased against it for some reason) or the Lian Li PC-A70B. I've also looked at the UFOs (especially the horizon), but they just seem too expensive. Are there any others I should consider?

Thanks for your time,
Funkmaster_A
 
Never liked the Cosmos myself.

Having worked with the 900, you have my 100% recommendation. Solid for aircooling.
 
Thermaltake Armor, Coolermaster CM Stacker 830 , Antec 900, NZXT Zero, Lian Li PC65B


I'd pick one of those, depends on what design you like best
 
Back
Top