What case is this?

Dark_Legacy

Limp Gawd
I've had this case for about five years now, and I still don't know what manufacturer made this thing. There's no internal markings that specify what manufacturer made it, and I've replaced the PSU in recent years so I have no way of finding out by looking at my PSU. If anyone would know which company made this case, it would have to be here, so I came here to find out.

Here is an image of the case:

Thanks in advance.

I used to have that case before my Lian Li. While the Lian Li is certainly more elegant, something to be said for a good affordable case with solid looks and good functionality.

This was my first build in 2001, anybody know what this is ??

dsc00077jx7.jpg

I would still be useing it but it did'nt have a removaable motherboard tray and it weighed around 55lbs. empty...all steel construction

SlikRig said:
I would still be useing it but it did'nt have a removaable motherboard tray and it weighed around 55lbs. empty...all steel construction

damn... You could get a nice workout moving that thing around :p

SlikRig said:

heck yeah, now im really interested. I like my cases strong enough to sit on. lol

I use my matx rig as a foot stool sometimes. :p

Rabid Badger said:
Why did you need to know what kind it was, DL?

Sheer curiousity. I recieved the case as a gift and never had any idea what manufacturer made it. I liked the style very much, so I wanted to look at some other cases that Enermax made.

Sorry not an Aopen....I'm sure it wont be long before somebody figures it out :p

No, it really is the Chrome Tower (sorry, not sure of the official model designation) from PCP&C.
I had drooled over them years ago but they were over $300 which was an unheard of price at the time.

Yeah it was an insane price...probably the reason they stopped making them, I can't imagine them flying off the shelves at that price...altho they did reel me in :cool:

holy crap... that one expensive case!

I looked a PCP&C cases as well! lol

SlikRig said:
Give that man a cigar...its a pcp&c Deluxe Chrome Tower....Congrats :D

info here http://www.tweak3d.net/articles/ultima/2.shtml

Hahahahahahaha

Our original choice was an AMD 1GHz Thunderbird. But something really important left our flying hero out in the cold -- Symmetrical Multi Processing (SMP). Yes, the Thunderbird is a power user’s dream processor. And it is our preferred processor too. But the ultimate computer must be a workhorse as well as a rampaging gamer. As of currently, 1Ghz Coppermines give you extreme gaming performance already and knock the Athlon out in many benchmarks. Why are we going with dual processors if Windows Millennium only supports a single processor? Because Windows 2000 supports SMP configurations and people are beginning to contemplate on Windows ME and Windows 2000. Games will begin to take advantage of SMP. There are games out there that take advantage of MDU (Multiple Display Units), so games that take advantage of SMP are sure to come.

Back