What card(s) next?

r3awak3n

Gawd
I have a nice 1920x1200 monitor that was just sent back because it had problems (Asus is replacing it with a new one) and I also have a 30in 1600p dell screen. I have just been using the dell and have not been missing the dual screen setup much (30in is BIG). I want to game on 30" because it would be awesome.

Will be selling the 24in probably and my GTX 670 ( still thinking about it) but could probably make $500 selling both.

Should I, keep the 24in and GTX 670 for a while longer and just game at 24in.
Buy another GTX 670 and SLI them and play on the 30"?
Buy 2 GTX 770s and SLI them.
Buy one GTX 780 and see how games preform and later buy another one and SLI it?

I obviously want to spend as little as possible but selling both he card and the screen lets me have some buying leverage.

I want to play battlefield 4 (which i said I wasnt going to buy, I suck)

Going the R9 290x rout myself...hopefully get in on the BF4 limited edition preorder on the 3rd;) The leaked benchmarks look good enough for me

I;m already set as i have a GCN HD7950 and just need BF 4 to see how Manlte works. maybe add another for CX.

bit it's hard to say anything about Nvidia right now as Manlte is coming and we will see which is better at running BF 4..DX11 or Manlte

You can get 7950s and 7970s for very cheap right now. Otherwise I'd say SLI the 670s or if you want a new NV GPU get a 780 but the price/perf there isnt great. Hopefully AMDs new cards will bring 780 perf. down to around $550

Two 670 is faster than a 780. I'd go that route but only after I see some BF4 benchmarks. Even with two 670 some games are going to fall under 60fps at 1600p.

I would wait and see what the R9 290x can do. If it lives up to the pre-release hype, it's going to be beastly and probably priced somewhat reasonably.

yeah I wasnt considering AMD but after reading some articles it seems like there might be some good cards coming out. Even if I decide to stick with NVIDIA the AMD cards will bring the price of the 780 and 770 down.

Waiting for tomorrow to see how my gtx 670 fares on bf4 beta on the 30in... its not going to like it but its gonna have to do for now.

edit: also, thanks guys, you guys are awesome!

Back