• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What card is this? A challenge

Eärendil

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 22, 2004
Messages
106
Hey, my buddy just bought an ATI Silencer 2 for his Radeon 9600XT. Unfortunately it does not fit the card.

We found out why.

It's apparently a 9550 that was softmodded, because the GPU says 9550 on it, even though there's a big white sticker that has a model number and ATI 9600XT 256 emblazoned on it. We think the eBay seller was just a sneaky bastard so, we're going with the softmodded 9550 theory for now.

Unfortunately, there are no indications anywhere to be found regarding who manufactured this card, which we need so a compatible cooler can be found for it.

We have been trawling pricewatch, newegg, and google to find out what card this is based solely on the layout of the capacitors, memory modules, and the fact that his card is red. We have checked both 9550 (and 9600 series just in case) for all the manufacturers we could come across but I'm sure there are more.

No go.

Can anybody identify this?
 
I think you are right it is a 9550. But if i would have to guess I would say any card between a 9000 to a 9550 series due to 9600+ being larger in size and having a bigger heatsink.
 
Dude you rock! Go buy yourself a chocolate sundae. Wooo!

It appears that this one is a 128mb version. Where in the world did the 256 come from?

~E
 
How mcuh did you spend on it? I would demand a refund if over $30.
 
It was bought several years ago by my friend.

No clue.

Still trying to figure out where this 256mb version came from. Affiliates?
 
I thought the 9550's were great overclockers? Most people got them to like a 9700 Pro or something I'd prefer a 9550 over a 9600XT
 
I thought the 9550's were great overclockers? Most people got them to like a 9700 Pro or something I'd prefer a 9550 over a 9600XT

U sure ur not thinkin of the original 9500Non Pro? 9550 came out pretty late...
 
Back
Top