• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What can i oc this too?

Hupo

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 14, 2005
Messages
1,399
I need instructions i got an X800Xl 256mb pcie
Oc.jpg
 
I can't remember what mine did for sure but I do remember I had a lot of room for oc. But a lot of it will depend on your cooling setup.
 
I have a Hp pavilion so i can put anymore fans in there. My card runs at 70c in WOW and americas army....... i might have to invest in a new cooler thing for the card like zalman
 
Hupo said:
I have a Hp pavilion so i can put anymore fans in there. My card runs at 70c in WOW and americas army....... i might have to invest in a new cooler thing for the card like zalman

wc it :D
 
I would actually spend 4 to 8 dollars on a slot cooler to suck the hot air away from your card and out the back of the system via the pci slot. Pre-built systems do not have enough ventialtion for any kind of oc (generally speaking of course).
 
What is WC it?
Where can i buy this fan for the pci slot?
What zalman cooler can i use on the video card?
 
You can order a slot cooler from newegg for about $4 but shipping is close to that. If you have a local computer store they should have them.
 
By "WC it" he meant water cool it. Probably something you're not looking into at the moment.

If you're planning on getting a new cooler for the card anyway, i'd recommend an ATI Silencer. It will put the hot air outside of your case and give better cooling. You won't need the slot fan like others are recommending (even tho the slot fan is a very cheap way to add ventilation in a poor case).
 
He was referring to the proc, you can't overclock a processor in a HP system, the bios does not have the required options. I wondering if software ocing works here? Although I have never recommended ocing from windows anyway.
 
You might be able to use Clockgen for NF4 but don't hold your breath. Maybe look into getting a "real" motherboard and release the deathgrip that HP is puuting on your systems performance.
 
Back
Top