• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What can be helped?

Joined
Feb 6, 2005
Messages
780
I have a 300w psu for my system. I've got a 9600xt , 3 hdds, a blue cold cathode set, extra fans, and all the other standards of a PC. The card is OCed to 547/330. I've been having trouble w/ the cold cathodes being turned on and the system crashes. I have bought a 480w psu and am picking it up soon. What type of differences will I see? I'm hoping that the cold cathodes will work fine now, but are there any other significant ups that I may see? Like better OCing, better performance, better hdd response?
 
well better stability would be hoped for
which is a critical factor in overclocking
depends on what 480 watt you got
watts dont mean much, it the proper distribution of amps to rails that counts
and how well regulated and filtered they are

as for the HDD, no you wont be getting better access times :p
 
Back
Top