• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What cable do I need for digital input?

Chix4mat

Gawd
Joined
Aug 31, 2003
Messages
793
Hey all,

I recently purchased an NEC MultiSync 1740CX 17" monitor, and was interested in using the digital input. The only problem is, the monitor only includes a VGA cable, not one for the digital. The back of my 7800GT are two DVI-I ports, while the monitor accepts DVI-D ports. Could somebody throw me a link of where I could purchase a cable that would work?

Also.. would a standard Dual Link DVI-D to DVI-D cable work, even though my video card has a DVI-I port?

Thanks for any help!
 
Chix4mat said:
Also.. would a standard Dual Link DVI-D to DVI-D cable work, even though my video card has a DVI-I port?

Yes, that'd work and I'll recommend monoprice as a good place to buy. DVI-I is regular DVI-D with extra pins to handle analog connections.
 
Back
Top