what brand for gtx 670 ?

legend_217

n00b
I currently have gtx 560 running but looking to upgrade to 670. What brand would you recommend between gigabyte, evga and msi ? I'm more toward gigabyte gtx 670 to pair up with UD5H

If you have an open-air case with balanced intake and exhaust, ASUS' cards seem to get top reviews (and I'd personally trust them more than the other two). If you have an intake heavy case, which is my situation, EVGA's Superclocked or higher seem to provide the best noise profile for stock coolers. They shrunk the intake opening on their cards to reduce the noise under load.

I currently have gtx 560 running but looking to upgrade to 670. What brand would you recommend between gigabyte, evga and msi ? I'm more toward gigabyte gtx 670 to pair up with UD5H

Gigabyte. Their Accelero-like cooler is amazing and they use the same custom PCB on their 670 that they use on their 680.

I have the gigabyte 680 and like it. Only other brand I would say is Asus if they ever release the damn thing.

I originally was going to get the Asus but got impatient and got a gigabyte 680. I do like the accelero style cooler.

everybody says something :d so buy whichever you find like or whichever is cheaper... all great brands

I have two MSI 670s.

They are fast,fast.

Quiet.

OC'd right now +75 MHz and +122% on power, I ran a couple games and saw 99% useage on each with the Core clock at 1240.....temp 80C and fans on auto running 65% and not audible!!:eek::eek: This was in Surround, 5760 x 1200 and seeing 150 frames in MW3 amd 120 frames in Bioshock.

Yeah, I need a couple new games to play. Waiting for Max Payne3. Don't play Diablo.:D

Normally... When it comes to GPUs, I'm all about EVGA. However... As a few people have noted the Gigabyte 670 uses the same fullsize PCB as the 680 (the EVGA FTW 670 does also, but if you were going to spend that much, you might as well get a 680). I have handled a few 670s and am currently using a 680. The PCB on the 680s looks (and feels) like it's much higher quality. Also if you sprang for the Gigabyte OC 670 it actually uses a 4+2 power phase design (as opposed to 4 on stock 680s) and a 6/8 pin connector (as opposed to 6/6 pin on stock 680s).

Look like gigabyte 670 is out of stock everywhere. Me too also wait for max payne, hitman n gta 5

Love my Gigabyte Windforce 670. OC's to 1270/7516, temps never exceed 64c under load and I can't hear the fans at all on the auto fan profile.

Another vote for the gigabyte card (or evga ftw for more$), if you can find it in stock. Retaining the same PCB as their 689 line seemed to have allowed for higher clock speeds (especially on the RAM side of things). Otherwise, reference card is reference, go evga for the better customer support

GB Windforce. I got mine for $399 on release day, same price as the reference cards! Amazing value.

The Asus TOP looks great as well but costs more.

I will never buy a blower fan video card again, the lack of noise/heat on this design is superior assuming you have a decent case setup.

I got a gigabyte Windforce gtx 670 Card and I have not noticed any abnormal noises. The only con with the card is that is every card has a different stock boost clock speed. There are users who have cards that on stock hit 1250 without overclocking. When overclocked their cards can go as high as 1350mhz. Mines at stock hits 1150 and occasionally dips to 1137 once it hits 70c. When i overclock it hits 1260 without any games crashing. I like the card a lot and don't mind the 1260 max overclock, who knows if you get lucky you might get one that goes over 1300.

I'd usually vote EVGA but none of their new cards carry a lifetime warranty anymore it seems. This time around I'd vote Gigabyte or Asus.

Personally I have the EVGA FTW 670 that come with a 680 PCB, I believe that can be had for only $419 on newegg but theyre sold out now obviously.

The Asus review that received a 10.0 is amazing! Never seen a card get a score like that for a long time.

I got a gigabyte Windforce gtx 670 Card and I have not noticed any abnormal noises. The only con with the card is that is every card has a different stock boost clock speed. There are users who have cards that on stock hit 1250 without overclocking. When overclocked their cards can go as high as 1350mhz. Mines at stock hits 1150 and occasionally dips to 1137 once it hits 70c. When i overclock it hits 1260 without any games crashing. I like the card a lot and don't mind the 1260 max overclock, who knows if you get lucky you might get one that goes over 1300.

I think you don't fully understand how the boost clocks work. Cards don't ship with different stock boost clocks from the same manufacturer. Boost clocks rely on a lot of different variables to determine the amount of boost. I believe its 13 different variables according to Nvidia. The card itself is constantly reading data and determining the best boost clock based on those variables. The drop you see at 70c is a well known fact now that will cause boost clocks to drop, this is based on the temperature variable which is one of the 13 variables.

This would be a good read for you to help explain some of it.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/04/04/nvidia_kepler_geforce_gtx_680_overclocking_review/

I'd usually vote EVGA but none of their new cards carry a lifetime warranty anymore it seems. This time around I'd vote Gigabyte or Asus.

I've owned an EVGA GTX 260 and 285 before and can't say they were anything special really, they worked as they should but I can't that the EVGA brand was anything special. That being said, I've never owned a Gigabyte card before, never cared much for their motherboards but I have a Gigabyte Windforce 670 now and its easily one of the best cards I've ever owned. Its really quiet, feels like its build solid and it overclocks like crazy.

I'd recommend Gigabyte, ASUS, and MSI. I have good experiences with each vendor in various models over the years.

ASUS DirectCU TOP, EVGA FTW, or Gigabyte's Windforce. I don't have experience with Zotac, but I heard a whole spectrum from "great aftermarket cooling" to "overheating problems." wtf

But, I had an MSI 670 OC.. Hits higher max overclock than the Gigabyte Windforce I have now -___-. It's just the annoying whine that made me return the MSI... And it's ugly. But guess what? The Windforce whines a little too, but once the fans spool up she blends right in.

I was thinking of Gainward Shadow.... but it's $50 more then Gigabyte WIndforce, so it's going to be Gigabyte for me.

Sorry for the ignorance but what is a reference 670 compared to an EVGA one?

Does that mean its made and sold by Nvidia or.....

I decided to go with gigabyte. TD has it in stock today and they already shipped it :D. Waiting is killing me hehe

Back