What black friday?

overlord20

Gawd
I was hoping to pick up Kinect, a DSi XL or something this black Friday... a new console. I see the Black Friday ads and it all shows MSRP in them. I thought black Friday was supposed to be the day you can save on nearly everything? Electronics this year seem like they are dimly hit by the sales and have very little off.

What are your opinions on the matter.

Best buy has the wii on sale for 169, not sure if anyone cares though lol.

Whenever I see Black Friday deals it's always for shit I would never want to buy in the first place. To me it always seemed to be off brand electronics with less than stellar specs. Clothes that aren't exactly hot or are nearing the end of their fashion life span.

I doubt you'd see a Kinect Black Friday Deal since it just came out within the past what, month?

Traditionally you wont find console deals with a lower MSRP price because of the stores are obligated to sell them at that price...but you will find added games/accessories to make the price more appealing. Its all about the "attachments".

Whenever I see Black Friday deals it's always for shit I would never want to buy in the first place. To me it always seemed to be off brand electronics with less than stellar specs. Clothes that aren't exactly hot or are nearing the end of their fashion life span.

I doubt you'd see a Kinect Black Friday Deal since it just came out within the past what, month?

same here, although even if there was a killer deal on something, i wonder if it would it be worth risking my life against a thousand soccermoms

I haven't seen any real deals on Black Friday in ages,not the kind you used to see. It's all become a scam,making you think you're getting a great deal when the savings are minimal.

same here, although even if there was a killer deal on something, i wonder if it would it be worth risking my life against a thousand soccermoms

I made the mistake of going with my girl friend to a black friday sale at Old Navy last year. What a fucking waste of time that was. She shopped for maybe 20-25 minutes but we stood in the check out line for well over an hour. I told her that I won't ever do it again. She could go alone for all I care.

So yeah, I hear ya about risking your life.

It is just an old stock clearing sale.

New stuff = NO deal!

If what you are looking for is on sale, great, but I wouldn't wait in any line.

I went with my now x wife in 2002 , went to the mall at 5am. Fucking retarded choice on my part , I followed her and my then mother in law for about 8 hours.

I will never fucking stand in line early for Black Friday again , I would rather pay 200 percent more than fucking doing that shit again.

Cyber Monday for life baby.

Its just a bummer because I used to be able to get games, cameras, accessories for a good deal but even those don't seem to be worth getting up at 4.

Amazon looks like it will have some good deals, but again on nothing I care about.

So Black Friday = Clearing out junk we can't sell for retail. Bummer.

God damnit I knew (partially) what I was getting myself into but I told the GF I would help her buy a new cheap ass laptop. I said buy online but she's dead set on going Friday and it looks like I'm going...should have read this thread earlier.

I never go out BF shopping - waiting 12 hours for a $50 discount is not worth my time...I would certainly hope that my time is worth more than $4/hr!

Hit up Cyber Monday... Newegg and Amazon.com will have better deals then any retailer most likely for a better product.

I see the Black Friday ads and it all shows MSRP in them. I thought black Friday was supposed to be the day you can save on nearly everything?

What are your opinions on the matter.

There is your problem, you assumed something that is not correct (save on nearly everything).

So Black Friday = Clearing out junk we can't sell for retail. Bummer.

pretty much this.

I've been saying this for a while. Black Friday is now for shopping noobs. If you want deals you should join a forum like Slickdeals or fatwallet. I like the deal alerts at slickdeals as they can notify you when keywords that you selected show up.

The ONE thing I want to buy is a Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 and I see zero sales on lenses. In fact, it's about $50 more expensive than what I've been told it's street price often goes for :(

Feels about the same as it always has. Couple bucks off some popular things, Decent discounts on unpopular things, and the odd $2,000 TV going for $1600. Toss in some 20% discounts on random small items and a $200 laptop (now netbook) and that's basically all Black Friday has been for the last 5 or 6 years at least.

The only thing worse than shopping on BF, is working retail on BF. It sucks, and is one reason (out of many) why I will never work retail again.

My girlfriend and I are camping out in front of Target tonight. Xbox 360 for $200 and you get a $50 Target card and it also said in the add you get a $10 Target card for purchases over $100 so that should be $60.

Hit up Cyber Monday... Newegg and Amazon.com will have better deals then any retailer most likely for a better product.

yea, newegg has some badass deals on just about everything. And also, its not really gaming related, but verizon is having some good black friday deals on cell phones. Like on the Droid X and Droid 2, and some other ones, just thought I would share that, cause I've been waiting for them, my GF and I are finally getting our Droid 2's that we've been wanting, cause its Buy one, get one Free.

My girlfriend and I are camping out in front of Target tonight. Xbox 360 for $200 and you get a $50 Target card and it also said in the add you get a $10 Target card for purchases over $100 so that should be $60.

Aren't they going to be $99 at Gamestop?

If they had xbox's for $100 at gamestop I would go get one.. But according to there ad, its MSRP.

Best Buy is running a great deal on a 50 inch Panasonic Plasma 1080p TV for like $699. Which is a rare deal. However its pick up only at the store and only Friday. If I had the money though I would replace my 42 inch panny in a heart beat.

Most deals that look really good are phantom deals. For example,Walmart had a 32" Emerson LCD TV in their ad for $198 online,great deal - except the minute it appeared as eligible for purchase on their site,it was marked as sold out. And I'm willing to wager that each of their stores only had only one or two units actually in stock,which made your chances of actually getting one almost zero. They just want to draw you into the stores hoping you'll end up buying one of the lesser "deals" to justify dragging yourself out of bed at 5 AM.

When I drove by Bestbuy, Target, and Walmart I already saw people camping out with tents as early as 11am on Wednesday before Thanksgiving (probably earlier since the tents were already set up).

I drove by Bestbuy around 10pm at another Bestbuy and the lines there was about 30-50 people deep with at least 25 tents set up. Mostly younger college people type crowd. Is this camping out at Black Friday an actual experience you would be proud of? I'd feel dumb to boast that story.

When I drove by Bestbuy, Target, and Walmart I already saw people camping out with tents as early as 11am on Wednesday before Thanksgiving (probably earlier since the tents were already set up).

I drove by Bestbuy around 10pm at another Bestbuy and the lines there was about 30-50 people deep with at least 25 tents set up. Mostly younger college people type crowd. Is this camping out at Black Friday an actual experience you would be proud of? I'd feel dumb to boast that story.

Sad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Sx5NhIElk

haha

the first scene in that video reminds me of a lord of the rings battle as they break down the draw bridge and all the forces had to fall back (except in this case, the door and all the walmart employees who couldn't hold up the door had to fall back).

2nd doorbusters take reminds me of l4d2. all the people coming in from under the doors as if they were zombies looking for humans.

haha

the first scene in that video reminds me of a lord of the rings battle as they break down the draw bridge and all the forces had to fall back (except in this case, the door and all the walmart employees who couldn't hold up the door had to fall back).

2nd doorbusters take reminds me of l4d2. all the people coming in from under the doors as if they were zombies looking for humans.

they are zombies

Bestbuy's major deals had especially ridiculous requirements attached,you not only had to be in line before the stores opened,if you weren't near the front,you were out of luck. Employees were to come out sometime before opening and hand out a limited number of tickets for each deal,no ticket,no joy. Camping out under those conditions seems pointless.

Back