I have my bios set to cut when I reach 60c. It only happend two times...when running stock cooler and after an hour of 100% CPU load due to Prime95...but dont worry, I'm going watercooled here shortly before I leave for basic tranning hopefully
Running a amd 3200. Most of my games run at 90-100% cpu usage all the time for a odd reason which I havent been able to figure out yet for months. But the temp stays from 40-48 degree's
Games use all ur CPU...any game on any CPU. They love that thing No problems there...and your temps are fine. My temps on my stock cooler sucked horribly, hense my change to the XP-120. But then I get the advantage of overclocking w/ this monster.
Just remember, there are two tempatures for your CPU, idle and load. Run something like Prime95 (google it) and see where your temps are then...if they are still in the mid 40s you're fine. But when most people say their CPU temp is (insert temp here) they're refering to load, but seeing as how you said you're a noob, I figure i'd point it out.