• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What ATi drivers do you use for DOOM3?

Cannibal Corpse

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 22, 2002
Messages
1,285
I have heard there is a beta that lets you play with decent FPS under DOOM3. What can I find it?

Thanks.
 
you cant get the atis from their website..

omega drivers generally do not add fps but image quality.....
 
It's funny, with the light of all things better/faster for nVIDIA with 6800 series, ATi seem pretty slow updaing their drivers. If I were them I would do anything in my power to persuade the departing fans back to ATi camp. Oh, well...
 
Umm... they released the 4.9 betas to the pubic on the day of Doom 3's release. Is that too slow for you?

Get them from the link in HenryBravo's post.
 
You can get the 4.9 beta everywhere...ATI, Guru3d, stationdrivers, etc.

As far as ATI being slow, you must remember that their driver version is based on months. Unlike NVIDIA's recent releases that were months apart...lol. ATI offering the 4.9b publicly and early, which is unusual, shows exactly how dedicated they are...not the other way around.
 
I'd like to see people stop starting MY VIDEO CARD IS BETTER THAN YOURS flame wars. It's over the internet and everyone's arguing about something they have no influence on. Pointing out the ups and downs of ATI and Nvidia just starts crap and I think it's pathetic how people go out of their way to do it. I really could care less if someone buys a 6800 or x800. The performance differences are probably not even noticeable unless your eyeballs are benchmarking tools. I would really like to see if someone with a 6800 or x800 actually experienced Doom 3 so much better than I did with my 9800xt (or someone with say, a fx5950)
 
I have a x800 XT PE card and i went from the 4.8 drivers to the 4.9 betas today. In the timedemo demo1 benchmark I went from 61.3 fps to 70.8. Nearly 10 fps difference. Keep it up ATI. And yes I played the demo1 back-2-back each time to get rid of the lag affect. :cool:
 
Back
Top