• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What ATI Card is this

SILVR 6

Gawd
Joined
Nov 13, 2003
Messages
559
Needed an extra card for a system i'm building, speed isn't important, so I won this card on ebay for a good price. IT was listed as a Radeon VE but from the pic (Not good) its definately not a VE and i've been having a hard time figuring out what the hell it is checked everywher eon the net for pics....maybe a radeon 32mb sdr?

73_1_b.JPG
 
Can you take a closer shot of the card? Hard to tell with that pic. By the way....How's things in Saskatoon these days..(my old stomp'n grounds)....gooooooooo!! BLADES!!!!!!!
 
sry I should have stated I just won the auction so I don't have the card, o well i guess its half the fun wondering what the hell it is. Life is good in stoon, well as good as stoon can be.
 
Looks kind of like my BBA Radeon 7500 with out the DVI connector. I'm guessing it's a Radeon classic or an 8500.
 
it looks to have a Rage Theater 150 chip next to the HSF...dunno exactly tho, as its kinda blurry and im also trying to look thru a static bag :p IF thats the case i would think its a 8500 or some variant, a la 9x00 R200 based.
 
You nubbies are all wrong :p SILVR 6's suspisions were correct. It's a Radeon 32MB SDR card.

I have one and am looking at it right now. It is identical to the card in your picture.

Though it could be the DDR version. There are no visual differences between the SDR and DDR variants that I know of.
 
Thanks for the reply guys, Doesn't really matter what it is, just gonna go in a little dually system, I'll post when I actually get it. Would be nice if it was an 8500 but that stretching it a bit.
 
Silverghost said:
You nubbies are all wrong :p .

Nope, you're the obvious n00b here. That card has a rage theatre chip, and is either an 8500, or an 8500LE.
 
micron said:
Nope, you're the obvious n00b here. That card has a rage theatre chip, and is either an 8500, or an 8500LE.
I have a Radeon 32MB SDR card in my hand now. Yes it does have the rage Theater Chip. It is still a Radeon 32MB SDR. Probably used for the S-vid out.
 
I have a 8500 in my cubboard and it has a dvi out connection for a second monitor, I dont think your card is a 8500.
 
Back
Top