What are your guilty pleasure game(s)?

M76

[H]F Junkie
It can be a game you feel slightly embarrassed for liking (because of the genre or theme), or a game that is objectively terrible but you still liked it for some reason.

So I'll just throw these out in no particular order.

Rebel Assault - C'mon it is a terrible game, isn't it? Crappy rolling demo with a crosshair superimposed on it, with the most horrid controls imaginable.
Trespasser - For some reason this game felt so forward looking, and had so much potential. I played it a lot, despite the horrid controls and wonky physics.
The Sims - Yes I enjoyed some sims for a while, but then again...I can spend hours on end in character creators of RPGs, I admit I love dressup games.
Street Legal Racing - I doubt anyone remembers this. It was a terrible racing game full of bugs, no balance, pointless mostly, but it had very advanced physics and damage modelling, including fluids simulation which was unheard of at the time, that kept me coming back, to randomly build and crash cars in it. And it had a sequel. And a direct reincarnation of the engine in another game by the same developer called Cross Racing Championship. They were all not equally but still terrible, but I still spent a lot of time with them.

I actually liked a lot of terrible old racing games like: Vette!, Car & Driver, but they all had something that caught my eye. Vette had an open world, C&D had SVGA graphics in what was literally the stone age.

And then there is Microsoft Train Simulator, the game I spent hundreds of hours playing, and downloading mods for, since 2001. Technically to this day, since the game Train Simulator 2018 still available on steam is basically the same game, built on the same old code base and engine created by Kuju. And it's age is showing, it's ugly, terribly unsuited for handling high poly count models. And they did nothing but minor upgrades to it since then. But I still play it occasionally. There is no alternative really.

I suspect I'll remember more of these later, but for now that's my laundry list.

Fighting Masters on the Genesis. That was back when Street Fighter 2 just hit arcades and any kind of console fighting game was a godsend. The game was awful, but I still played the crap out of it.

Another trash game I liked from that era was Lagoon for the SNES. It looked like Zelda on the box so I saved up for like 2 months to buy it. It was disappointing, but I just kept playing it because I worked so hard to get it.

I don't have a ton of PC regrets. Shareware eliminated a lot of that and mods/community fixes can go a long way toward making a lousy game better.

!!e!VOr!BGM~$(KGrHqF,!lsEz+4J5i0DBNP4M6LlQQ~~_1.jpg

Back