What are your 6800 Ultra overclocks?

Yea, as far as I know I don't believe there are any other programs out that do, and if ther is, it probably just reads the nvidia output and just copies that out. Just leave that panel open and run rthdribl and see what you get.

Hey all,

What drivers are you all using? I'm using the 66.72 or .71 Forceware drivers and I'm only hitting 380/1100 on my PNY 6800GT. I've got it in a CoolerMaster case with plenty of airflow. Temps are around 51C no load, (haven't checked loaded temps yet). I've played with the voltage from 1.5v to 1.65v, and still the same thing. Any ideas? I see all these great overclocks, and i feel like i'm missing out... :(

Well you're seeing these great overclocks as this is a thread for 6800Ultra overclocks - they start off at 400/1100 stock, so the only way is up from there ;)

If you go back a few pages there's a thread for GTs as well. A lot of people were getting good results by adding the 2-slot NV Silencer 5 cooler to their GTs, which can cut temps significantly.

Like I said in a diff thread....seems like everyone mistake's GT's for Ultra's anymore. Getting kinda annoying for those of us who paid that $100 extra just to say we got one :)

BFG6800 Ultra (real Ultra) OC Stock was 425/1100 I run it at 450/1175 Not too radical, but it's not hot and I get artifacts at 1200

So overall it looks like 440-450 on the core is about average and 1150 is about average on the ram for most Ultra's

Mine does 440/1140 , I can run 3D mark at 450/1150 but its unstable for games.

That is still 40mhz faster than my GT was on the core and 50mhz faster on the ram so I am happy.

Hopefully no one minds me bumping a 6 day old thread, but I am managing to get my eVGA 6800 ultra pci express to 450/1200 easily on air. When I go beyond I start getting artifacts in the first 3dmark05 test, and on the 450/1200 I am hitting 6000 in 3dmark05 without yet oc'ing my processor which I will be doing soon and hopefully getting up towards 6500.

Do the ultra extreme editions have more room for overclocking or is it just that they already came overclocked? I wish I knew about the extreme edition when I bought my card, if the extreme edition overclocks better then I guess I will just sell this one and get that.

The Extreme is likely to use the pick of the chips to hit 450/1200, but isn't necessarily guaranteed to have a load of overclocking room on top of that. I saw one place online (no link I'm afraid) that managed to get their Extreme to about 465/1230 or so (from memory), so it didn't have much headroom.

Also, saying you'll get an Extreme and actually finding one, whatever your budget, might be harder than you think. There are very few of them out there.

Those benchmark scores mean squat. Running Doom3 in Ultra and running it hard....that is the test of your overclock. At least in my H.O.

Who cares what Aquamark is if D3 crashes with the same settings?

I'm the Dude said:
Those benchmark scores mean squat. Running Doom3 in Ultra and running it hard....that is the test of your overclock. At least in my H.O.

Who cares what Aquamark is if D3 crashes with the same settings?

I agree with you on that one fo sho.

I used to test my max Vid Card / CPU OC by running a crapload of timedemo's (they have to put more stree than just playing the game cause it renders as fast as it can)

But the weird thing is I trie dthe same settings that were stable on d3 turned out to be unstable in BF:Vietnam during online play...

Back