What are you using to rip DVDS these days?

Format _C:

2[H]4U
I am currently using DVDShrink and also DVDDecrypter (What ever the latest version is/was)
However I am noticing both programs are having problems with newer DVDS. The problem seems to be is it can't seem to decrypt some of the files however the DVD will play fine in my computer (With WMP & Zoom Player and others) Has the DVD encryption method changed? If it has how can my stand alone DVD Player still work?

So is there a newer program that can rip my own personal DVDS? A program that is preferably free?

Mods Please note:
I am talking about for my own personal use. I don't condone piracy

+1 on using AnyDVD. I use AnyDVD w/ DVDRemake and DVDRebuilder Pro and use IMGBurn to burn.

I use AnyDVD HD to rip my Blu-ray's and DVD's. Then take them into Handbrake and make h.264 mkv files. Then throw the physical discs in a box in the closet and call it good. I agree with everyone else that its worth the price.

If your looking for free DVD decryption software. I would use DVD43 back before I started doing Blu-ray's and broke down and bought AnyDVD HD.

http://www.dvd43.com/

If your going to change them into MKV's I would just use MakeMKV..Copies it all and convert's it for you. It's free right now since it's in beta and works great on Blu-Ray's and DVD's.

If your going to change them into MKV's I would just use MakeMKV..Copies it all and convert's it for you. It's free right now since it's in beta and works great on Blu-Ray's and DVD's.

MakeMKV does the same thing as AnyDVD.. But is limited to that program.. It's a waste when AnyDVD and DVDFab are available.

I have another question
How could the DVD encryption change and still be able to play in my made in 1998 (Read: Early adopter & an idiot who actually bought an HD-DVD Player) DVD Player?

I am interested in this as well. I want to play my Blu Rays through Plex on my Roku. I already have AnyDVD but would be willing to use MakeMKV if it is the best/fastest/easiest program to do this. What does DVDFab do that is missing in MakeMKV?

For all you guys who use AnyDVD, is it really worth it to buy additional years of software updates?
Or is it worth it to buy the Lifetime updates pack?

I would get the life time..It's what I get for all my customer's blu-ray server's I build. They come out with new stuff to keep you from copying blu-rays like every few months. I have to update my parents player ever 3-4 months or they can't play the new stuff. My friend brought over a movie the other day that hasn't been release yet..Comes out in like 2 weeks. Real factory blu-ray..MakeMkv couldn't break it. Copyright crap these days is a pain. It's worth the extra to get the life time of Anydvd. Been using it for year's.

I bought the lifetime anydvd hd a long, long time ago. Good purchase.

I purchased the lifetime license and its really nice to get those updates for new Blu-Rays every month or so.

I have another question
How could the DVD encryption change and still be able to play in my made in 1998 (Read: Early adopter & an idiot who actually bought an HD-DVD Player) DVD Player?

The DVD encryption hasn't changed. You can still decrypt any current DVD with the original deCSS code. Blu-ray encryption, on the other hand, is designed to be capable of updates.

I bought the lifetime anydvd hd a long, long time ago. Good purchase.

Me too, it was totally worth it.

MakeMKV does the same thing as AnyDVD.. But is limited to that program.. It's a waste when AnyDVD and DVDFab are available.

I tried DVDfab and it tells me AnyDVD needs to be disabled. I thought they were supposed to work together?

Nope, they both do the same function for themselves. You do not need one to work the other.

Back