What are you using for a music player? (Android only)

Format _C:

2[H]4U
I just got my 4th android device (A Samsung Galaxy S4) Yes I know it is an older one but it is my best one so far and I am happy with it :cool:

I was using MyTunes Music Player Pro which I actually purchased but it seems outdated plus I can't seem to get the paid version anymore and the unlocker app does nothing

I also tried the Onkyo HF Player but it kills the battery even when not running so I also got rid of it

I am looking for a free or cheap app that can play files of (*.flac, *.wav, *.mp3, *.mp4, *.wma, and support playlists of *.m3u and the newer *.pla file types)

I would also like the app to play networked files (DLNA?)

Thanks

jetAudio Music Player Plus

the EQ and other options to dial in and fine tune your sound in my opinion is unmatched. Makes listening to audio on a phone acceptable finally(using quality IEM's)

I use winamp for android.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=374929

I'm not sure if it plays wmv files cause I don't use those. Winamo uses Android's built-in media scanner to find files, it plays flac just fine. It's not back on the market yet because Radionomy is still removing AOL code from it.

If you don't want to use FB to download it go to:

http://winampenthusiasts.com/

scroll about mid way down the page.

Last edited:
Poweramp. I'm coming from an iPhone and it's the closest thing to the Apple music player that I had grown used to.

Google Music. (Grudgingly).

I have this gigantic collection of mp3's collected from CD's and online since the 90's. Putting it all on Google Music cloud for free made dealing with it much simpler.

I say grudgingly because I think the interface sucks. Buggy, choppy, generally unpleasant. I do like the auto playlist features. Are there other free (~20 GB of storage) cloud alternatives that are good?

I'm still using PowerAmp.

People keep telling me I need to start using Spotify.

The best DLNA player I found is MediaHouse, but I only use it for videos.

Can't comment on functionality when just playing music.

is there any music player on android that can skip a song while on standby?

can't use the phone in the car here.

I just use the stock htc music app. I'm really picky and have used poweramp for a long time but I really just like the stock app.

I was using Rocket Player for two years straight before switching to PowerAmp and have been using them ever since. :)

XiiaLive Pro, I stream music in on the rare occasions I listen to it on my phone.

If it's a random audio file I need to listen to I load up MX Player

Back