what are you gon' do if the Dell 2407 EVER COMES out and isnt what you expected?

so what are you gon' do?

• Hold off and see if the 2407 will be a 'downgrade' or not

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Buy the 2407 regardless

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Pick up a 2405 since it will end up being dirt cheap

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • get a 37" Westinghouse

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Go to some other product line

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
Anyone else (I know there has to be) in the same boat? Wanting/waiting to find out about the elusive '2407' and starting to hear rumors that it will have no component hookup and not MUCH of a difference?

I was figuring this thing would be the end all for my decision to finally get another monitor. I wanted something in the 24-27" range that would serve dual purposes : 1920x computer usage for games and mainly design work, and then hookup to HDTV source.

I was in the mindset a month or so back of biting and getting the Westinghouse 37" and ripping apart the back of my desk to fit it, but now I just have no clue.

So whatch'all gon' do?

Nephandus said:
how about "I don't care" as an option

how about an 'i dont care about this thread, but im a n00b and had to try and post some witty comment' as an option? :D

After much thought and discussion with myself and my other personalities I have decided on the following plan of action:

I will buy a 2407 or 2707 upon release.
If the monitor exibits input lag that makes me want to slice off my pinky toes and replace my eyeballs with them then I will return it to Dell and look for a 2405 on ebay/boards.

I see, I dont really care about lighter stuff, I dont move my 2405 much at all.

HDCP support, as in the near future I dont think we'll need it and as it becomes mainstream somthing bigger better and cheaper could be out.. so I think I'll just stick with a 2405

How fast would this ficticious 2407 monitor have to be before you would upgrade? Did you know Cebit was in session, and no Dell 2407 is there as of yet.

Back