What are you CURRENTLY using?

What platform is your current main mobile phone using?

• Total voters

AltTabbins

Fully [H]
Which platform are you currently using as your main phone? *not what you want, or what you are getting soon.. what you are currently using on your main mobile phone.

Android is for people who want to do something to their phones.

iPhone is for people who want to do something with their phones.

Windows Phone blows chow.

Android

galaxys4_zps2b9bdb4f.jpg

While I use all three my primary is android

I use ....... many...

My primary is Android, since I can transform my PadFone into Tablet easily.

Otherwise iOS hands down. The app quality and native experience is far superior.

Which platform are you currently using as your main phone? *not what you want, or what you are getting soon.. what you are currently using on your main mobile phone.

Back on my iPhone 4S after my droidx shit a brick, I'll be honest, coming back to the iPhone was a breath of fresh air, so much faster and usable. After reading horror stories of ios 7 I was cringing but after updating I like it a lot more than ios 5 or even android 4.1 that was in my razr

I don't own a phone (not a cell phone or land line), but have an Android tablet, so voted Android.

Android Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Best phone I've ever had and my 3rd Android phone. Wife has an iPhone and I wouldn't switch for anything.

Myself (Nexus 5) and son (Galaxy S3) both on Android.

My wife finally wanted a smartphone and had been set on getting her an iPhone 5s, but she picked it up and said the screen was too small and wanted something bigger, so she got a Galaxy S4 Black Friday. She dropped it yesterday and shattered the screen, but at least everything still works. So she will be getting a Nexus 5 with a big, rugged case for Christmas. Found one already and should be here Thursday.

Galaxy S4...........

Replaced a Droid X.

Gotta say very nice phone, good battery life and you can actually talk on it.;)

Android 4.2.2 on a banned Sprint Evo 4g Shif that is currently on the PagePlus network. Got the phone for like $40 shipped on ebay 2 years ago. Had a Note 2, loved it, but even with the screen protector and case, I always felt like it was going to get damaged through everyday use.

Wife and I are on Android (GS4 and Note 2 respectively). I just put the stock 4.3 ROM on my Note 3 and damn does it make it fly now. I'm now no longer tempted to trade up to a Note 3.

Android 4.2.2 on a banned Sprint Evo 4g Shif that is currently on the PagePlus network. Got the phone for like $40 shipped on ebay 2 years ago. Had a Note 2, loved it, but even with the screen protector and case, I always felt like it was going to get damaged through everyday use.

Not sure why you felt the Note 2 was so vulnerable. I have a thin/cheap TPU case case on mine and a screen protector and it has survived several drops onto tile and concrete just fine. In fact, one time it fell out of my back pocket in a rain storm and I didn't notice, so it sat in a parking lot submerged in water for at least 10 mins before I realized it was gone and went back and got it. I let it dry out for a couple hours and it has worked perfectly since, lol.

iPhone 5 as the main, Nexus 5 and Lumia 1020 as companions.

I like all three, but I'm most curious to see how Apple tackles a bigger iPhone.

IOS Iphone 4, although I am really considering going back to Android. Since my wife just got a Moto x from the Cyber Monday deal. Loving the phone so far, as I am not a big fan of IOS 7

I use ....... many...

Otherwise iOS hands down. The app quality and native experience is far superior.

I have to agree with this, the app store alone is just easy to use and navigate. There are quite a few apps that only exist for IOS that do not exist on the Windows or Android platform for professional use. Knowing that Google's Play store may or may not be better then the App store, I'm wiling to make that comprise or sacrifice.

Last edited:
I'm happy with WP8 / Nokia Lumia 1020. I look forward to the future GDR3, Nokia Black, and WP8.1 updates.

WP8 as my main. So much nicer of an experience than Android ever was

That's something I noticed on even their low end hardware. It was a pretty consistent smooth experience. Something I think the lower end of android needs to work on.

Android could make their low end phones baller as fuck if they limited all the things Android can do down to the things WP can do.

IOS Iphone 4, although I am really considering going back to Android. Since my wife just got a Moto x from the Cyber Monday deal. Loving the phone so far, as I am not a big fan of IOS 7

Have you tried it on a newer iPhone? It's a much better experience on an iPhone 5 than a 4. I do wish Apple had found a way to speed up the experience on the iPhone 4 (without using the "reduce motion" trick), mind you.

That's something I noticed on even their low end hardware. It was a pretty consistent smooth experience. Something I think the lower end of android needs to work on.

The better produced one's do pretty Damn well, like the S Mini series.

Have you tried it on a newer iPhone? It's a much better experience on an iPhone 5 than a 4. I do wish Apple had found a way to speed up the experience on the iPhone 4 (without using the "reduce motion" trick), mind you.

I have not, but I do have the new Ipad Air with IOS 7. I'm assuming that's the same chip? (A7) As for phones, were trying to get off carrier contracts and the Moto X seems to be a reasonable choice ($350 off contract ,unlocked; yes please) Paying $60 for two lines with data will be a welcomed change.

What I'm going to miss the most with IOS and Apple is US based technical support. Thank God most issues can be resolved through email with the Google play store.

Phone isn't as important as the services. Google services are the best combined with the current best hardware which is the Note 3. Top in real world performance, 2 day battery life, 6 day idle time, 500+ hour uptime, all day WIFI tethering battery life, display with true black for movies, pen for creativity and productivity, 4K video recording and the list goes on.

Phone isn't as important as the services. Google services are the best combined with the current best hardware which is the Note 3. Top in real world performance, 2 day battery life, 6 day idle time, 500+ hour uptime, all day WIFI tethering battery life, display with true black for movies, pen for creativity and productivity, 4K video recording and the list goes on.

I don't know about the Note 3. I've tried it and it lags. Doing a quick Google search in regards to this leads to less surprising results

iOS - iPhone 5. Not sure what I'm gonna go with next year with my upgrade.

I have not, but I do have the new Ipad Air with IOS 7. I'm assuming that's the same chip? (A7) As for phones, were trying to get off carrier contracts and the Moto X seems to be a reasonable choice ($350 off contract ,unlocked; yes please) Paying $60 for two lines with data will be a welcomed change.

What I'm going to miss the most with IOS and Apple is US based technical support. Thank God most issues can be resolved through email with the Google play store.

Yep, it's the same chip, just with different heat/power thresholds (the iPhone 5s will slow down sooner just because it's a phone, with less room to breathe).

Sounds like you have more pragmatic reasons to change platforms, which is dandy by me. Hard to go wrong with the Moto X unless you're a camera junkie.

Android for me. The iPhone 4S was my first ever smartphone, but I later switched to the Galaxy Note 2. The latter had more features that I liked than the former (larger screen, replaceable battery, microSD slot, etc.). I am not an Apple-hater, however -- I do have a work-issued iPad 2, which has been nice. I'm considering getting the iPad Air for my personal tablet.

Windows Phone.

Going to Moto X once proper wood backings are on the site....not a huge fan of the bamboo....but I wonder if I could sand/stain/seal it....

Got rid of my 920, due to the lack of apps I need (security tokens, mobile banking, games) and went to Android on sweet Xperia Z1. Not intending to go back to WP, even if it finally gets the apps I miss, as it's less intuitive for me than Android

Got rid of my 920, due to the lack of apps I need (security tokens, mobile banking, games) and went to Android on sweet Xperia Z1. Not intending to go back to WP, even if it finally gets the apps I miss, as it's less intuitive for me than Android

How do you like the Z1? Sony has been coming out with some sexy phones lately, I'm really liking them.

Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket (SGH-I727) running Dirty Unicorns 3.8 Build v1.0, need to hit up the new version.

Back