What are XBox 360s selling for outside of retail these days?

Gorilla

Supreme [H]ardness
So I have an xbox 360 pro 60gb brand new. I've been trying to sell it on craigslist for like $240. The only offers that I've gotten are $140-$150. Am I crazy for thinking that a console that retails for $300 should sell for more than $150? I know that Dell has sold them for around the price I'm aiming for, but there was sales tax.

Anyway, this isn't an sales ad, but I would really like to know why people seem to think that 360s are worthless all of a sudden. Not to mention that I live in the affluent part of D.C. and am surrounded by college students.

Is there an upcoming price drop or something that I don't know about?

Nope, just with craigslist in the DC area where I live as well there is a ton of lowballers.

So I have an xbox 360 pro 60gb brand new. I've been trying to sell it on craigslist for like $240. The only offers that I've gotten are $140-$150. Am I crazy for thinking that a console that retails for $300 should sell for more than $150? I know that Dell has sold them for around the price I'm aiming for, but there was sales tax.

Anyway, this isn't an sales ad, but I would really like to know why people seem to think that 360s are worthless all of a sudden. Not to mention that I live in the affluent part of D.C. and am surrounded by college students.

Is there an upcoming price drop or something that I don't know about?

People don't like buying used 360s on craigslist with all the problems they have when they could get a refurb from a retailer for less than 150 (see recent deals). Hell, you can get a refurb elite system for 220 these days. So I'd not expect to get much for your console. Cheap new ones > Cheap refurbs from retailers > > > > > Craigslist used.

You might be able to get more for it modded. My buddy upgraded to an elite and was trying to sell his old one (no HDMI) for $150 and not getting any bites, so he flashed the firmware (all you need is a SATA cable and an nForce or VIA SATA chipset) and was able to sell it for $250.

People don't like buying used 360s on craigslist with all the problems they have when they could get a refurb from a retailer for less than 150 (see recent deals). Hell, you can get a refurb elite system for 220 these days. So I'd not expect to get much for your console. Cheap new ones > Cheap refurbs from retailers > > > > > Craigslist used.

While I agree with you, mine is NEW, never used, never opened.

I am wondering the same thing, as I have a brand new 60GB 360, as well as my '07 20GB Xbox. I have not tried the seattle area Craiglist, as I can't decide whether to sell it or not, but I might just keep it, especially with the low resale value these things have, and mod my 20GB 360 or sell it for cheap, like <$100.

too my knowledge arcades do like 150 and 20gb do maybe a little more but not much 170ish 60gb you might get lucky with 200. and im seeing elites go for like around 250+ . This is the trend on craigslist that i monitor almost everyday ( dont ask why) . That guy is right about the modding though. Thats why i do.

Hmmm, interesting idea about the modding.

Oh and I can add stupid scammers to the list of people who have contacted me.
LOL, sure I'll ship it to Nigeria! I don't see any problem with that at all.
I thought about trying http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/ but I really don't care enough.

360s sell cheap. I refurbish them and sell them like this:

Bare console-------------------------------------------------------------90
console with all cords-------------------------------------------------125
complete 20gb system-----------------------------------------------160
Complete 60gb system-----------------------------------------------200
Complete elite system------------------------------------------------250
flashed console only---------------------------------------------------120
flashed console with all cords--------------------------------------155
complete 20gb flashed system------------------------------------200
complete 60gb flashed system------------------------------------235
complete elite flashed system-------------------------------------275

And they sell real fast for me in the DFW area plus i provide with 1 month warranty

Last edited:
Well, I started offering a copy of halo 3 with it. Only response was from a scammer wanting me to send it to Nigeria.

Hello I am most kindly interesting in buying of your iteams. Disfortunately I am buying the items for my brother who is stay in nigeria and you may send me all of the information so I will paypaling you all funds kindly for this transactions. Safe for both uf us! Please give me all information kindly for the transactions.

Hello I am most kindly interesting in buying of your iteams. Disfortunately I am buying the items for my brother who is stay in nigeria and you may send me all of the information so I will paypaling you all funds kindly for this transactions. Safe for both uf us! Please give me all information kindly for the transactions.

Substitute business partner's daughter for brother and you've nailed it. lol

Back