What are thoise left-hand gaming controls called, and which should i get?

ekuest

Supreme [H]ardness
I am wearing out the WASD keys on my keyboard since pretty much 90% of my PC usage these days is gaming. it's also a pain since my huge keyboard barely fits on my keyboard tray, so I'd rather just have one of those things that only has about 10-20 keys plus maybe a thumbwheel and whatever that I've seen in various users' pictures. so I'm wondering: what are they called, and how do I know which one is right for me?

I am right handed (mouse hand), mostly play on controller for single player games and kbm for multiplayer. wireless would be awesome but definitely not required. my main game right now is payday 2. I play almost exclusively shooters with adventure and puzzle and other games thrown in, but I don't play any MOBAs or strategy games so I don't need a million macro keys like some people. basic controls are fine. only thing I see changing is that I plan on playing a bit of star citizen once it's out, and I have no idea what controls I will be using for that.

thanks guys!

I know Logitech calls those things "gameboards" and they sell one called the G13. The Razer one is called Nostromo.

interesting. I think id like to keep it to about $75 or less. does anyone have any suggestions or personal experiences to share about different models? a quick search shows up the G13 a lot, and I do love Logitech devices. the only other one that looks in my price range is the razer tartarus, with the nostromo being about $100. ill look for some youtube reviews and such but in the meantime can anyone give any more first-hand feedback on these models?

I just got the G13 off of eBay for about $30. I'm still getting used to it, but so far I like it.

yeah i ended up going with the G13 too. haven't used it too much yet, but I have gotten rid of my razer lycosa from my desktop and just keep my wireless keyboard behind my monitor and if I need to type I just pull it out. really freed up some space and being wireless on my kb is really nice. the G13 will take a little getting used to, but at least for payday 2 (the main game I play right now) it seems like it has buttons in all the same spots as the defaults so it was pretty easy to get accustomed to.

Back