What are the oldest games you still play often?

TheBuzzer

HACK THE WORLD!
For me, the oldest game i still play is starcraft.

Second is counter-strike.

Eric the Unready (1993)

Superhero League of Hoboken (1994)

Spellcasting 101: Sorcerers Get All The Girls (1990)
Spellcasting 201: The Sorcerer's Appliance (1991)
Spellcasting 301: Spring Break (1992)

Gateway (1992)
Gateway 2: Homeworld (1993)

Albion (1995)
Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny (1997)
Stonekeep (1995)
Starsiege: Tribes (1998)

Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven (1998)
The Settlers II (1996)
Grim Fandango (1998)

RTCW: ET

I don't play it as often as I would like, but when I do it's for more than an hour.

Age of Empires 2, and RTCW (original).

Sadly, havent found any of the new games lately to be that engaging.

3979.jpg

Tom_Clancy%27s_Rainbow_Six_-_Rogue_Spear_Coverart.png

uncharted waters II (1994)
baldur's gate II (2001)
icewind dale II (2002)

Starcraft... and anything blizzard really... still even fire up war2 from time to time.

Ultima Underworld 1 (this game had incredible graphics and gameplay for its time, was released before Wolfstein 3D)

Planescape Torment

toe jam and earl
snes Mario Kart
mega man 2 - can almost pass it without dieing

I play Castlevania IV every so often. There was a point in my life where I rented that game (the early-90's) and never beat it and then several years later wanted to play it again and had a very difficult time finding it but eventually found it in the pre-owned bin at Electronics Boutiqe (before it was ebGames and GameStop). I've got it on Wii VC now and play it every so often.

Other than that I still play Oblivion just because running around and causing trouble never seems to get old.

Other than that I still play Oblivion just because running around and causing trouble never seems to get old.

L0L, yep that's right, and the huge amounts of mods for Obly make it a very different experience from the vanilla Obly ;)

Solitaire shipped with Windows, Duke3d, and Jedi Knight 2 Outcast/JediAcademy

oblivion counts as old?

ut2k4 / 2k3 and 99
quake 3 (well quake live really)
red alert 2

CNC (any of the older games)
Decent
7th Guest (not as much anymore, need to build an old-school rig to play it again)
Half-Life
Dark Forces
Jedi Knight

Crimsonland 1.9.8. My high score in Survival Mode isn't that great at 2.4 million, but I'm quite proud of lasting 52 seconds in Rush Mode. Been awhile since I've seen a game that wasn't afraid to be totally unfair.

Warcraft III. Most replayability 3V4R!!!

this is a pretty true statement with all the mods like Mauls and hero mode it really offers a ton of multiplayer replay. Single player is kind of limited.

cs 1.6

forgot about subspace.. also known as continuum.
and contra3.

been playing eve online for 3 years, guess mmo's probably dont fit either though.
wonder how many people here still play EQ that played in the beta. probably at least a few.

does super smash bros for gamecube count?

Last edited:
Deus Ex
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario 1, 2, 3, World, World 2
Super Mario Kart
F-Zero

I played Duck Hunt on the NES yesterday. :D Good times. God dam laughing dog though. I wish I could shoot that bastard. hehehe.

oh god, the music from the level with the water... "big blue"? just started cycling through my head after i read that.

im not sure if i hate you or if i should enjoy the nostalgia.

Descent / II / 3 / Freespace / Freespace 2
Wipeout / XL / 3 / HD (played Pure and Pulse when I had a PSP... may get one again just for them, really)
Rollcage / 2
Fury 3 / Hellbender
Earth 2150 / The Moon Project
Neverwinter Nights
Nights in to Dreams
Panzer Dragoon
Mech Warrior 2 / Mercenaries / 3
Heavy Gear

I play most of the Quakes, Tribes, and some other old FPS games w/ my friends that live w/ me on LAN every weekend.

wtb friends who game, with money, who can afford to consistently and reliably pay rent.

Back