What are the lowest user set voltages possible? q6600

Veratek

Weaksauce
I am lowering my vcore to find the lowest stable voltage @ 3ghz 9x333, on a q6600. So far I've tested with prime95 small fft's for 9 hours stable at 1.23125, and again tested using blend. Ram is 555-15, 800mhz.

Currently I'm running at 1.20625, only had time for a 15 minute test to see the vdrop, which went from 1.52-1.120 in cpu-z.

How low can the voltage be set for a q6600 at 3.0ghz? I started with the vid and went down from there and haven't had an error in testing or regular use yet.

Hi,

I find it interesting your voltage fluctuated that much. 1.52 to 1.12 is interesting unless your VID is that high for some reason. That seems to be a pretty big drop.

I think the best answer to the question how long could it go is based on how long are you willing to see how low it will go. Just take a tick at a time from the volts and then test. Passed a 12 hour test? Great! Go for another tick off. If you are going to try for a folding or DC box, I believe a 24 hour testing is in order for maximum stress testing.

Back