• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What are the chances it's the raid?

[v]@bans

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 7, 2003
Messages
160
Recently I've noticed random restarts happening with my System. System will lock up, restart and at times Blue screen of Death. I can see a sometimes bad driver.dll come up. usually the audio. Most times I don't even get that much. When does happen Everything starts up but the drives.

The drives are on a raid-0 for performance (Just to feed my ego no practical purpose really). So I was thinking what if it's a bad raid? So maybe 1 messes up and it results in this reboot or sometimes a mis calculation that results in that driver getting messed up? So I reinstall the OS using non raid. Or maybe swap up and use another sound card? My vote is for the Raid. Thoughts please..
 
What are you doing when you get the restarts? I don't think it's RAID related - more likely to be PSU related, or maybe a duff MB?

Are your temps ok? Have you Memtested the RAM. More info please :)
 
I've let memtest over 24 hours it's first real time up and no errors which is good. The PSU is this:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16817139002

I went all out for the PSU, to avoid past issues I've had with it. Usually I'm playing World of Wacraft and iTunes. Nothing really intensive. Temps (cpu anyway) idle are usually 28-34 heavy it can get up to about 40-45.

The restarts are inconsistent though as I have been playing games and ready for a good couple of hours since this post and no issues. I have heard 1 long beep followed by a short one which is, according to the manual, a MB issue. I will try swapping in a Soundcard and reseat the ram, Videocard and all assorted cables..
 
I reseated everything and restored MOBO default settings. No more long beep short beep which is indicative of a MOBO error somewhere. I systematically installed each component and started up the machine till I got a single beep boot which is great. This elimates a lot of potential issues. My gut is still telling me something when wrong with the striping. So I'm going to back stuff up and retry it without it. I will be doing this along with 2 straight days of memtest and prime95, 1 day accordingly..
 
Back
Top