What are some cool Iphone apps?

darkhunter139

Supreme [H]ardness
I just got an iphone 3gs and started exploring the app store. There are so many apps there I feel like I must be missing a ton. Just wondering what everyones favorite apps are so I can try them out :) thanks!

1. Around Me - lists locations of gas stations, restaurants, and others services around you. (using GPS location)
2. Flixster - movie reviews, show times (gps to pin point your locatoin), and trailers on the go.
3. Shazam - ID that song on the radio that you never hear the DJ name. Samples the song, then tells you the artist, song, & album information with links to purchase or listen on youtube
4. Skype - VOIP over wifi and it works well!
5. Remote - Apple app that allows you to control itunes on your PC through wifi. It works well and is great for HTPC's
6. Google Earth - because it's fun/cool to show off
7. Pandora....sorry to wait so long to mention this one. Next to facebook it's my most used app.
8. Facebook - if you are into social networking.
9. Any Twitter app if you tweet, but check user reviews.
10. Wolf3D - at 1.99 it's worth paying for :)

Not sure what you do for a living, but I have found that the iPhone has a couple of decent IT related apps that work through Wifi.
TouchTerm - allows me to SSH to clients/devices on our network
Network Ping - allows me to ping / traceroute through wifi. Quick way to check layer 3 connectivity and to see if my ACL's are keeping students away from resources that we don't want them on.

I don't have but there are some RDP apps that are pretty cool, but not cheap.
Jaadu Remote Desktop

There are a ton of apps, explore the store and see whats out there. Start by looking at the Top 25/50 for both paid and free apps. I use 85% free apps and reserve 15% for the ones I pay for. Most paid apps have a lite version that is free and gives you an idea of how the paid version works. Grats on the purchase, I hope you enjoy.

I'd recommend Fring...description from their site:

Using your handset′s internet connection, you can interact with friends on all your favourite social networks including Skype®, MSN Messenger®, Google Talk™, ICQ, SIP, Twitter, Yahoo!™ and AIM®. You can listen to music with your Last.fm friends, check out what each other are up to on Facebook, receive alerts of new Google Mail™ and tailor make your very own fring by adding more cool experiences from fringAdd-ons™.

I second pandora. Very nice app especially if you plug your iPhone in the car and have data service. It also seems like it buffers other songs after that because when my Internet drops it still seemed to play. And I'm using edge and it never cuts off.

As for games you could try out monkey ball or tap tap revolution. Both of those are quite fun if your bored.

Yeah I got a setup in my car so I can plug my iphone into my stereo so I will use that app for sure. I also downloaded MLB game time which is pretty awesome.

FML - hearing about other people's horrible days makes yours that much better
Lux Touch - a simplified game of risk, perfect for the can
AIM - may sound obvious but it's free texts
Shazam - already mentioned
Units - easy unit converter
The Weather Channel - more detailed weather

Air Sharing - I got it when it was free $5 or $10 now, but a super easy way to send files to and from your phone
Peggle - was $.99 for easy, addictive play
Doodle Jump - $.99 again, also with crack-like addictiveness.

Back