What are SLI Fittings? Ordered them, but they look the same. Fill me in!

crewxp

Limp Gawd
Hi.

I ordered a heatkiller waterblock for my GTX 670. When placing the order, it asked me for 4.99 extra, if I wanted SLI fittings. I chose yes as I thought they connected the cards' waterblocks together.

When they came, I'm not sure what they do now. Here is what I got:
scaled.php

Are any of the above SLI fittings? What's the purpose of them? To me, they look like regular 1/4" fittings, but a little shorter. (If theyre the ones in the middle) Is it just used to save a tiny bit of space?

The SLI fittings are the short ones. Since spacing between fullcover waterblocks are limited, longer barbs usually don't work, so shorter barbs are needed.

Are you supposed to slice a 1'' piece of tubing in between them?

The best way I have found for SLi or Crossfire is located on this page from FrozenCpu......http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g30...ittings-Accessories-SLI_Connectors-Page1.html

You use the multilink adapters and a short plexi tube.....simple and works like a dream, AND you don't have to try and cut a little bitty piece of tubing.

Here's my Crossfire setup:

DSC_0127.jpg

I have the red adapters.
I have three spaces between cards, I did have to dremmel the plexi-tube a bit to get it to fit just right.:D

Yes, pretty much what you do is put a 1" tube between the two.

The best way I have found for SLi or Crossfire is located on this page from FrozenCpu......http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g30...ittings-Accessories-SLI_Connectors-Page1.html

You use the multilink adapters and a short plexi tube.....simple and works like a dream, AND you don't have to try and cut a little bitty piece of tubing.

IMG

I have the red adapters.
I have three spaces between cards, I did have to dremmel the plexi-tube a bit to get it to fit just right.:D

Can i go mildly off-topic and just say she's a beau'?. I like how your cabling is routed through a slit in the sound absorbent stuff :)

DSC_0127.jpg

I have the red adapters.

that loop needs love . . . sorry but not very pretty bud.

that loop needs love . . . sorry but not very pretty bud.

Please place your suggestion here.:eek:

I have a Corsair 800D there.
Unless you route all the tubing behind the motherboard....in which I thought about, but there isn't enough clearence.....I happen to like the way it looks.:D

How would you suggest I get the water from the pump at the bottom? magic is out, because I failed out of wizard school.

The picture was to demonstrate the BitsPower fittings, not to showoff (or lack there-of) my work.

Please place your suggestion here.:eek:

I have a Corsair 800D there.
Unless you route all the tubing behind the motherboard....in which I thought about, but there isn't enough clearence.....I happen to like the way it looks.:D

How would you suggest I get the water from the pump at the bottom? magic is out, because I failed out of wizard school.

The picture was to demonstrate the BitsPower fittings, not to showoff (or lack there-of) my work.

start out by shortening the tubing lengths, use one color tubing through out, if you use coils use them on all the tubing or none of the tubing. Use all of the same color of fittings. Your use of 45 degree fittings on the gpu is not necessary if you run parallel. Perhaps use the HK SLI connector instead.

You have plenty of room to mount the pump closer, perhaps next to the ATX power cable.

F him man

get some green tubing on one of those runs and some pink zip ties

start out by shortening the tubing lengths, use one color tubing through out, if you use coils use them on all the tubing or none of the tubing. Use all of the same color of fittings. Your use of 45 degree fittings on the gpu is not necessary if you run parallel. Perhaps use the HK SLI connector instead.

You have plenty of room to mount the pump closer, perhaps next to the ATX power cable.

Well thanks.....

but.....

I don't have a sponsor, just little ol' me footing the bill.....and I used what fittings I had.....they ain't cheap.

I like black and white, I like to break up the monotony of a solid color......but hey, that's just me, and honestly, I'm the only one who looks at this machine every day.:)

To me the coils are utilitarian, why spend time and energy and money wrapping every piece of tubing if you don't need to?

Anyway....my Mom always said "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"....:D

Well thanks.....

but.....

I don't have a sponsor, just little ol' me footing the bill.....and I used what fittings I had.....they ain't cheap.

I like black and white, I like to break up the monotony of a solid color......but hey, that's just me, and honestly, I'm the only one who looks at this machine every day.:)

To me the coils are utilitarian, why spend time and energy and money wrapping every piece of tubing if you don't need to?

Anyway....my Mom always said "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"....:D

paint the fittings white or black so they all match and go with your color scheme. None of your tubing runs require the coils (I have built a few water-cooled rigs in my time - have a little experience which I am trying to share with you). You are on the right path you just need to take it further. Your build makes my first ones look ghetto in comparison.

paint the fittings white or black so they all match and go with your color scheme. None of your tubing runs require the coils (I have built a few water-cooled rigs in my time - have a little experience which I am trying to share with you). You are on the right path you just need to take it further. Your build makes my first ones look ghetto in comparison.

Appreciate the advice.
I've seen your work, you have teh skillz.:D

So you think that tubing from the cpu block to the master gpu could bend at that degree without kinking? My tubes are only 3/8 x 1/2.

Honestly I could not bring myself to paint my compressions, I don't have the equipment and i'd FUBAR it without a doubt.

Appreciate the advice.
I've seen your work, you have teh skillz.:D

So you think that tubing from the cpu block to the master gpu could bend at that degree without kinking? My tubes are only 3/8 x 1/2.

Honestly I could not bring myself to paint my compressions, I don't have the equipment and i'd FUBAR it without a doubt.

Yes I think you can do that with no kink. I often use spray paint for my fittings bud.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1036491855&postcount=43
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1516497&highlight=brimstone

Like you said.....you are sponsored.

Me.....nope.

Also, like you showed in the second build.....a slip of the wrench and your paint job is FUBAR.:eek:

I like the silver and I have a shit ton of money invested in them, so no paint for me.

I also change setups about every 12 months, so black may not always do, where-as silver is more or less universal.:)

Back