What are all these .exe processes?!

SuperCell

Limp Gawd
Is this normal, and if not, what should I do???

WTM.jpg

download "quickaccess" it will tell you what most things are. having a page to page and 1/4 is normal for a very clean system. if you have a lot of start up programs some run several exes.

Check out a program called autoruns. I hear it's like msconfig on steroids. ;)

When I don't know what a process is I just type it into google and you will get numerous hits telling you what it is.

gesicht said:
download "quickaccess" it will tell you what most things are. having a page to page and 1/4 is normal for a very clean system. if you have a lot of start up programs some run several exes.

Lethal said:
Check out a program called autoruns. I hear it's like msconfig on steroids. ;)

Great, Thanks could always use a nice new prog for system analysis.

iPodService is probably something for your iPod and nvsvc32 sounds a lot like an nVidia driver. often times, I google stuff and find my answers there.

Sidenote: the image you posted is a JPG compressed image. It is just under 50kB in size. If you look closely, you will see a lot of artifacting around the text in the window, making it hard(er) to read. All in all the image looks grainy and awkward.

If you had used either PNG or GIF to compress the image (MSPaint creates both of these file types) you would have had a smaller image with better (lossless in case of PNG) quality.

A rule of thumb for image compression algorithms is that if you image has few colors and no gradients using PNG or GIF is preferable over JPG. In most cases screenshots are excellent candidates for this. Photos, on the other hand, are much smaller and better looking when JPG compressed.

I hope I won't get banned, but there are way too many people who think that there is only one image compression algorithm, called JPG.

Back