what am i missing here? can't get my 27" to work

goodcooper

[H]F Junkie
so i just got 2x Monoprice 10509s http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...id=1130704&p_id=10509&seq=1&format=4#feedback

and i've been using them for a few days on VGA because i couldn't get the DVI to work on my x1900xt (figured it wouldn't do dual link for both of them or something)

so i just got a new GTX 650 in and hooked it all up, and i STILL can't get EITHER monitor to run on the DVI input!

i don't know what i'm missing! i have to use a VGA adapter and hook it up via VGA to the monitor, which of course gives me a crummy IQ...

i've never used a dual link display before so i don't know what the problem is!

i'm using the DVI cables that came with the monitors and they definitely have the middle pins... is there a setting i need to set somewhere in my graphics drivers? what's the deal?

EDIT: if i manually set the input on the monitor controls to DVI it just cuts off and then displays an "ATTENTION: No Video Input" message.... then a few seconds later it goes into standby (also just noticed the standby LED is out on one of the monitors :/ that threw me off at first)

well, nevermind... aparrently when i was going to manually set the input i wasn't setting it properly... the buttons aren't terribly intuitive...

wow the IQ is night and day, these things look fantastic now

Back