What am I expected to do?

AMD is pretty much smooth sailing when you run with ONE gpu. Only when you run crossfire do you realize how much crap you're in. There's a reason 7990 was cancelled by AMD.

Indeed which is not the one your implying.

Too bad MSI is the same price of a gtx 680..lol so many dilemnas.

Sapphire 7970OC. If money is not an issue, MSI 7970 Lightning.

I've checked that one out. I'm only considering the 7970 GE Vapor X because of the premium components that the toxic edition has. Which basically means no coil whine.

It works :)
FYI, I usually don't give shit about this hassle you have been going through with newegg.
I would just save the chat and file the chargeback using my creditcard.
I usually tell them what I want first. If they give me so much hassle, I will tell them that I will file chargeback. Yes, they hate chargeback.

Btw, lol $469 for a 7970.. That is just way too much..

It works :)
FYI, I usually don't give shit about this hassle you have been going through with newegg.
I would just save the chat and file the chargeback using my creditcard.
I usually tell them what I want first. If they give me so much hassle, I will tell them that I will file chargeback. Yes, they hate chargeback.

Btw, lol $469 for a 7970.. That is just way too much..

Well it took a while with contacting a few Newegg Reps. I had to first contact HIS and deal with non native English speakers which was tough. Then HIS wanted me to ship it to China..ok no thanks. I don't even think they understood when I said Newegg needs a ticket number proving I troubleshooted with HIS.

But imagine if I ran out of the 30 day window, I would be without a card for over a month and a half..similar experiences I read with Saphire warranties.

It costs more due to the premium chokes/components/cooler.

That newegg stuff sounds odd.

I had outrageous coil whine with 2 of the GTX 670s I bought at release.
They were both MSI.
I bought one at newegg and one at TigerDirect.

The day after install, I simply went on line and use automated RMA for both vendors.
I asked for refunds since the cards were in short supply just then.

No questions asked.

Both refunded and the vendors paid the return shipping.:D

That newegg stuff sounds odd.

I had outrageous coil whine with 2 of the GTX 670s I bought at release.
They were both MSI.
I bought one at newegg and one at TigerDirect.

The day after install, I simply went on line and use automated RMA for both vendors.
I asked for refunds since the cards were in short supply just then.

No questions asked.

Both refunded and the vendors paid the return shipping.:D

The reason why they were asking me to prove troubleshooting with the MFC was because maybe a lot of people in the beginning returned cards. And many Reps have no idea what you mean anyway. The ones that say let me look into this for you, not just quickly respond after you say something, are the ones that will make things right.

The reason why they were asking me to prove troubleshooting with the MFC was because maybe a lot of people in the beginning returned cards. And many Reps have no idea what you mean anyway. The ones that say let me look into this for you, not just quickly respond after you say something, are the ones that will make things right.

Usually the ones who say let me look into this, never call back.:eek: If you are within 30 days of purchase you should NEVER have to deal with anyone but the vendor who sold you the card. Having to speak with HIS was a mistake. All that does is frustrate you. You should only deal with the card manufacturer after 30 days.

I didn't have to ask twice. I simply described the problem. I was not asked to troubleshoot, speak with anyone else, or do anything else.

Simply told the CS Rep the card was making a loud noise under load, and it was not related to the fan on the card.

They said fine and issued an RMA.

Forget calling, they never answer plus I am usually at work when there is a reasonable time to call. I just used the email or chat section. I guess it depends who you get really. I shipped the card today. Hope nothing else is wrong from here and will be spending couple hours deciding what to go with now..I hate this part.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Dude - in my experiences, if its within the 30 days, Newegg will take it back without much of a fuss at all. Just ask for a refund, and you should be all set a week after you send it in.

Dude - in my experiences, if its within the 30 days, Newegg will take it back without much of a fuss at all. Just ask for a refund, and you should be all set a week after you send it in.

Yeh I am not sure why CS at newegg had me contact HIS in the first place or why they wanted a ticket number from HIS to prove defectiveness. They told me that there would be a restocking fee if I just returned the card and it was not found defective.

Good thing I was able to contact Newegg CS again and this time I got someone who took down all my information and just issued a refund RMA without a restocking fee because I provided them information of which I spoke with the Manufacturer.

Sometimes I guess you need to keep trying lol

Back