• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What a difference going to a decent psu.

dave343

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Oct 17, 2000
Messages
1,875
I just bought an Enermax 460W for $100cnd and all I can say is wow. For years I've just been buying cheapo $25 350 or 400w psu for my comp. This past week though I've spent over $700 on new hardware CPU/Mainboard/Video/Case/and now power. The board Asus P5GD1 takes the 24 pin and I was just using my 400w 20pin noname though it worked. I was thinking today though Im not sure I turst that $30 psu to run my parts. I've seen what happends and what they take out when they do go. What a difference the Enermax is though. Its got like 4 power rails, 2 12v rails, a 24pin rail, and a 6pin for pci-x cards in the future. Sweet psu, and finally I can have some piece of mind. The Enermax weighs so much more then my cheapo 400w, and the +12v put out 16a, where as the Enermax puts out 33a.
 
yep what a difference going with solid psu company can do for you. i went thru hell with my vantec 520a and never new. then i found this forum now i'm a proud owner of a pc power and cool 510 sli. no more freezes in game oc'd, 2-2-2-7 ram, and oc'd video card. before i would always get some kind restart in game or reboot w/ a p4 1.4b@2ghz and now a 2.8c@3.4ghz. now i can proudly say its F@#KEN stable. i'm not sure if the vantec 520a was defect or not but it was trash even with my p4 1.4ghz. i spent $130 on it so price doesnt necessarily mean you'll get a good psu.
 
Back
Top