What 4gig kit gaming ram for asus rampage formula?

jc6699

Weaksauce
I currently have G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK but it does not seem to be compadable,what would be a better allternative?

I currently have G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK but it does not seem to be compadable,what would be a better allternative?

How are you determining it isn't compatible? Did you actually put it into your system and it won't post? Because that setup IS compatible. I bought two of them and they work amazingly.

Like Proteos said, that memory will work on that motherboard. Make sure the board is setup with reasonable memory timings/voltage as your starting point. This memory is rated at 5-5-5-15, 2.0-2.1 volts.

HB

sory, I based what I said on a review I read on newegg, claiming it will only run at 800mhz on a intel x48 motherboard asus rampage formula. I just wanted to make sure before I open the box. I'll also admit this is my first build, I have no experiance building pc's and I'm hoping everything will work as intended right out of the box.

if you look at the g.skill memory pdf on the g.skill site it specifically states that they tested the asus rampage formula for compatibility and that it passes. The people saying it can only run at 800 are dumb because they didn't even bother to probably manually set the speed of the RAM in the BIOS. Don't believe any of those reviews on Newegg... most of the people who post on there have no clue what they are doing.

Hey, i just want to say thanks guys, glad I'm gonna hold on to them since the reviews all seem positive

Back