What 2.1 Or 5.1 Speakers?

Usama

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 28, 2008
Messages
149
I got a new PC last week and want some new speakers for it. I would pefer 2.1 but I might get a 5.1 if it is alot better. But the wires will need to be long for the back 2.

These are the ones I have been looking at.

Logitech Z-4's I can get them for £45.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/250&cl=gb,en

The Logitech Z-2300 they are around £90. A bit too much tho.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/231&cl=gb,en

And the Logitech G51's, I can get them for around £80.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/3549&cl=gb,en

I will use them for normal use like Internet, music and gaming.

The cheaper the better but if the Z-2300's are really good then I might get them.
 
If you are stuck getting Logitech, it doesn't really matter in terms of sound quality. Just grab the best looking and cheapest that you can get.
 
If you are stuck getting Logitech, it doesn't really matter in terms of sound quality. Just grab the best looking and cheapest that you can get.

This. PC speakers suck for music, decent for everything else. High-end computer speakers don't really exist, you're better off with a receiver and speaker setup in the long run.
 
This. PC speakers suck for music, decent for everything else. High-end computer speakers don't really exist, you're better off with a receiver and speaker setup in the long run.

I dont really want to spend that much. Just want something quick.
 
Would the G51's (5.1) be alot better then the Z-4's (2.1) or will the Z-2300 (2.1) be the best?
 
Ignore the Z-2300. Go with Z-4 for 2.1 or G51 for 5.1. It's your choice. How do we know whether you want 5.1 or 2.1?
 
Ignore the Z-2300. Go with Z-4 for 2.1 or G51 for 5.1. It's your choice. How do we know whether you want 5.1 or 2.1?

I would like 2.1's because it will be more easy, but if the 5.1's sound is alot better I will get them.
 
Which do you do more, listen to music and watch movies or do you game more?

5.1 = gaming
2.1 = music
 
just do a 2.1 system. The fact that you are deciding between the two so arbitrarily ,eans that you haven;t discovered why you would want 5.1 yet. :). seriously, i have a 5.1 home theater on my PC...and it quickly became a 3.1/2.1 just to minimize crazy wires all over.

2.1 it
 
Which do you do more, listen to music and watch movies or do you game more?

5.1 = gaming
2.1 = music

Listen to music I think, I just got my new PC last week. I will game more on my PS3 and XBOX 360. I have a £500 Panasoinc Home Cinema for them.
 
It is the UK. I got nothing for that cheap except headphones. Speakers at this price range suck in the UK.
 
apples and oranges. however, I'd say that the z-4 would probably have better quality sound. (not sure though, I have never seen the g51s in person.)

Really, I was going to get the G51's because I thought they would have better sound. And they are more louder.
 
Really, I was going to get the G51's because I thought they would have better sound. And they are more louder.

i dunno, man. Like I said, I have never listened to them in person; it was just a guess. The z4 are quite loud too.
 
whatever you do, do not buy a pair of altec lansing fx6021's. the sound, when compared to my old mx5021's or my sennheiser 595 headphones's, is totally horrid.

i miss my 5021's so much :(
 
i dont understand the hatred for the z-2300s. i've had several "audiophile" systems my favorite being a denon cd transport+DAC, dynaudio speakers, marantz integrated amp. my xfi extreme gamer and z-2300s sound pretty damn good for a $200 setup.
 
I think the hatred is towards the fact that you could do better with $200. Not that it's necessarily a bad setup, per se. But you could do much better.
 
I have the Logitech X-230 at the moment. I have had them for about 2 years, they are all recked up now. My little brother poked all the cone's in. :(

And they are not that loud on my new PC. :confused: I have put put the volume up to 2/3 or 1/2. Before I only youst to put it about 1/4. Anyone know why this is, I was going to get the Z-4's but now im thinking of the Z-2300's. Because the Z-4's might not be loud enough.
 
I sold my Z-2300 recently because playing music on it sucks. The bass totally overwhelms it and the satellite is just crap. There's virtually no mids on that thing. The sub, however, is very good. So playing games or watching movie is very decent on it! I find all the Logitech speakers are too bass-oriented.

It all depends what you do most on your computer. I sold my Z-2300 and now I got Audioengine A2. I can hear way more things than before.

Other alternatives you may try (if available at your location) for your price range:
- Edifier S330D
- Altec Lansing VS2421

dL
 
I sold my Z-2300 recently because playing music on it sucks. The bass totally overwhelms it and the satellite is just crap. There's virtually no mids on that thing. The sub, however, is very good. So playing games or watching movie is very decent on it! I find all the Logitech speakers are too bass-oriented.

It all depends what you do most on your computer. I sold my Z-2300 and now I got Audioengine A2. I can hear way more things than before.

Other alternatives you may try (if available at your location) for your price range:
- Edifier S330D
- Altec Lansing VS2421

dL

Had a quick search on Google, the Altec Lansing VS2421 re £30.

http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductID=807011&source=froogle

Could not find the Edifier S330D's tho. :(
 
Back
Top