• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Whack problem with yahoo email

vinnie

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 1, 2002
Messages
1,274
Several kinds of whack even. It could be software or who knows what, so here will do. Yahoo web based email.

There's one email that I wish to open, it's from a friend and has a powerpoint attachment. However, whenever I click on either the email or the attachment, I'm getting the following message:

Malformed Request.

The request your browser sent was missing some needed information.

Please try again.

It's a proper yahoo page, just it has that instead of the email or attachment. Can't even read the email.

I'm getting this with both FF 0.8 and with IE, even with proxomitron turned off. It's with only the one email... but it's saying the problem is with the browser, not the email or anything their end.

Erm... other details if they help... winXP, ie 6 with all updates up to this morning, FF 0.8. Cetified adware/spyware free according to spybot S & D, adware and hijackthis. Certified virus free according to AVG updated at least daily.

It's with only this one email and it's one I particulary want to read too :( Any help appreciated.

Addendum- no other emails, even ones with attachments, are giving the same error. I installed a router yesterday, direct connection the modem before though, linksys befsr41, if that makes any difference o_O
 
what happens if your buddy re-sends it?
Also, can you forward the e-mail to yourself? Maybe you can open it then?
 
Whack?

Is that anything like dope?

Or is it sick?

Yo.

Keepin' it real. In the hood. It's a g thing.

Sounds to me like you've completely isolated the problem to that one email, which doesn't work in any browser, so the only real logical conclusion is it's a problem with yahoo's site somehow.

Who is your buddy sending the email from? Is it a large ISP, a free email service? This is a problem with yahoo's site, but if we can find out what triggers it, we'd be able to get around it, I'm sure.
 
Originally posted by XOR != OR
Whack?

Is that anything like dope?

Or is it sick?

Yo.

Keepin' it real. In the hood. It's a g thing.


I'm feeling out of touch with the modern version of English, I thought if I start throwing in 'whack' and 'bizatch' and 'dud3' kind of thing I'd be able to better communicate with people. :)

Sounds to me like you've completely isolated the problem to that one email, which doesn't work in any browser, so the only real logical conclusion is it's a problem with yahoo's site somehow.

Who is your buddy sending the email from? Is it a large ISP, a free email service? This is a problem with yahoo's site, but if we can find out what triggers it, we'd be able to get around it, I'm sure.

From a work address... in lotus notes or something similar it's sent from. Attachment is just a powerpoint file. I'll try a resend I suppose... not much else to be done :( It's the email I'm after really though.
 
Back
Top