WH40K Dawn of War II at Gamersgate

It should be noted that this is a steamworks title.

Thanks OP. I don't know when I'll ever play it, but I'll add it to my catalog.

Thanks! This is dirt cheap, and I've been wanting to play this.

Any deals on the expansions for this?

It should be noted that this is a steamworks title.

Thanks OP. I don't know when I'll ever play it, but I'll add it to my catalog.

The original/base release and the Chaos Rising expansion both use GFWL. DOW II: Retribution uses Steamworks. This appears to be a deal for the original game.

The original/base release and the Chaos Rising expansion both use GFWL. DOW II: Retribution uses Steamworks. This appears to be a deal for the original game.
He means that you activate the code on Steam no matter whether you buy it retail, DD, or from Steam.

I have never bought from Gamer'sGate before but I have been waiting on this game to go on sale. I'm going to give them a try.

I have about 5 games from Gamersgate. Their site is a little slow for me, but I've had zero issues using their services for the past 6 months.

Anyone having problems getting this game to work?

It downloaded > Installed > Ran fine

Problem is the stupid Windows Live BS. Okay, all I need to do is login to play the campaign. Done. Now it wants me to update.

Fine, go for it. Kicks me back the desktop, and runs a installer. Finishes. Great. Go back into the game, and now it keeps asking me to update. It's on a loop.

Alright fine... I'll go to the MS Live page and download the installer for this damn game. Installs it, good.

Now I can't even run DoW II. It gives me relic's bug report screen.

This is way too much work to play the damn thing.

I've been playing the demo and so far I like it a lot. At under $10 bucks, this was a no-brainer.

I figured it out. It wasn't running the Windows Live ID service. Set it to auto and started it. Fixed it.

Back