WGT624 NetGear wireless router...

GummyBear

Weaksauce
ok guys, i've been pretty pleased with this router. but 1 thing i HATE about it and can't seem to figure out how to fix it is, everytime i recieve a call it would disc sometimes. but if the phone is near the router it will definitely disc. does anyone kno how to stop this? im a advid gamer and this really ticks me off. when i call out it never discs tho. this is due to interference i believe, since i use cordless phones in my home. any advice would be appreciated.

TIA

Check the operating frequency of the router and the wireless phones. Now, I know that 2.5Ghz on a router is different than 2.4Ghz on a phone, BUT harmonic resonance does cause problems sometimes.

I have seen wierder things.

Good Luck.

my phone is 2.4 ghz and my other is 1.8ghz. so which channel would be best? plz explain wut u mean by check the frequencies ? sorry im really noob.

Try any channels between 1 to 6. Anything higher and you get interference with everyday items creating frequencies similair

thanks i'll try this. i am currently running at channel 2. which would be better? channel 2 isn't bad. its just when i have the phone next to my router that it discs me. but i would like to keep the phone near me so i won't have to venture up stairs then to the living room while im gaming.

The problem is your phone. Both WiFi, and your phone operate at 2.4ghz.

Some phones cause people much more problems than others, mainly it's the cheap ones. You may want to mention your phone model to see if others have had problems with it.

Back