Westworld Game Removed from App Store

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Bethesda accused the mobile Westworld game of blatantly using code and other assets from Fallout Shelter last year, and from the looks of things, those accusations had some merit. While Bethesda and Behavior Interactive later claimed they "amicably resolved" the lawsuit that Bethesda Softworks brought against the developer, apparently, that resolution wasn't in the mobile developer's favor. On Twitter, the devs announced that they're shutting down the Westworld Mobile game. As far as I can tell, the app has already been removed from the Android and iOS app stores, and they say the project will be officially closed on April 16 of this year. While they didn't explicitly mention Bethesda in the announcement, the devs didn't specify a reason for the shut down either.

"We are sorry to see the Westworld mobile game go, and had an incredible time creating new content and events for players to enjoy. We deeply appreciate our community's enthusiasm and participation in the game.

Amicably resolved probably means the offenders aren't going to be bankrupt for the rest of their lives.... idiots.

Why not, I'm sure they made enough revenue bilking mobile suckers to cover court costs and live comfortably.

Why not, I'm sure they made enough revenue bilking mobile suckers to cover court costs and live comfortably.

They are a decent studio that has been developing games for almost 20 years. They were the company that developed fallout shelter, just used assets of that game without permission it seems.

Was it a host that removed it? Am I a host?

Doesn't look like anything to me.

shame ding
shame ding
shame ding

They are a decent studio that has been developing games for almost 20 years. They were the company that developed fallout shelter, just used assets of that game without permission it seems.

There's a reason punishments for theft are so severe. It's not because it's your first time accidentaly doing something out of desperation. The reason is because this is just the first time you've been caught. I'm sure they were happy to settle this out of the public eye since a deeper look would have exposed them as what they are, purveyors of widespread code theft.

The reason is because this is just the first time you've been caught. I'm sure they were happy to settle this out of the public eye since a deeper look would have exposed them as what they are, purveyors of widespread code theft.
Except, the same team of programmers made both games so they stole the code from themselves (albiet themselves on another project). Assuming they hadn't stolen it and wrote it entirely from scratch, how many ways can one program a poker game? and if you ask a programmer to program a poker game three times, how similar will his code be for each of the poker games in Westworld, Fallout Shelter and Poker World Classic? I bet pretty similar. Even if he were to purposefully change the variable names from card_deck to car_dec and draw_card(); to drw_car();

Except, the same team of programmers made both games so they stole the code from themselves (albiet themselves on another project). Assuming they hadn't stolen it and wrote it entirely from scratch, how many ways can one program a poker game? and if you ask a programmer to program a poker game three times, how similar will his code be for each of the poker games in Westworld, Fallout Shelter and Poker World Classic? I bet pretty similar. Even if he were to purposefully change the variable names from card_deck to car_dec and draw_card(); to drw_car();

I actually did something similar in highschool. I took my friends code he wrote for a rock paper scissors game in Turbo C++ and to make it seem different I used ascii chars to animate hands throwing symbols and splash screens. The teacher knew I had just copy pasted the code but it was original enough that he gave me an a for delivering something visually pleasing. Sooo o o o, I feel ya

Back